In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Whack...

DIRTYRATDIRTYRAT Member Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
Hit one at dusk. Saw it coming in behind trees, drew when its head was behind big one and didnt even notice if it was "racked" or not but it did seem to have a fairly large neck,I focused on the target and let it fly. Found arrow snapped off {no pass-through} about 10 yards from impact point. Looks like about 4/5" of shaft inside plus broadhead. Lots of hair, little blood. Looked around with the dying flashlight for a few and decided to wait till A.M. Pretty damn sure I had good shot-placement!?!Expected to see blood everywhere after getting out of the tree..we'll see in the morning though...I could here it running for quite a ways guessing 100 yards before I couldnt hear it anymore. Luminock sure was cool to watch for a few. All I can do now is try to get some sleep and hope for the best in the morning...Man I hate when this happens....

Now,,,,gonna need beers to sleep[B)]!

Comments

• Options
    Chief ShawayChief Shaway Member, Moderator Posts: 6,196 ******
    edited November -1
    Well? We need an update. Good luck to ya.
  • Options
    nyforesternyforester Member Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Well.....we are waiting !
    Abort Cuomo
  • Options
    DIRTYRATDIRTYRAT Member Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    [V] Must be in front shoulder... Looked ALL day yesterday found little blood, some on weeds it walked through in a ravine. Going out again today to look some more..
  • Options
    fishmastyfishmasty Member Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I had that happen to me TWICE,... :( this year, high shoulder shots, never found either one of them. 1st one I found about 1/5 of the fletching end of the arrow and a lot of blood for 100 yds then nothing. 2d one found the broad head end of the arrow broke off about 50 yds from where I shot the deer (thanks to the dog) Never found anything of them. 3rd one aimed a little lower and found a blood trail all the way to the deer , about 150 yds. I think when the hole is high up it takes a while for the blood to get up there and low the blood leaks out better??

Good Luck
  • Options
    bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by fishmasty
    I think when the hole is high up it takes a while for the blood to get up there and low the blood leaks out better??

Good Luck

You huntin on the ground?

Sorry to hear about your deer Dirty