In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

5 day hunt

bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
Ok some of this might not mean much to you guys but rather than retype the story I'm just going to copy the email I sent and paste it here. [:D]

Left out from home on Tues. evening to get down, get set up and to bed to hunt Wed. morning. In the morning I sat just behind the cabin in the ladder stand. Just before good shooting light I had a deer come out of the bedding ground to the north and split me and the cabin putting him 50 yrds or better and headed in a south east direction, soon as I saw head gear I tried to get him to come back to me but all he would do is look and walk on. If he'd have been closer it would have been light enough for a shot but that time of morning they have to be close. He was a BIG deer. He was all I saw in the morning but due to some intestinal issues I didn't sit very late. : ) So I head back out about 11:15 or so and before I get to the creek crossing just past larrys stand I see some deer runnin so I stop and sit and they caught me and stopped tryin to figure me out. I watched for a long time got the binos out and saw a monster buck 4-5 inches outside his ears, thick and tall. better than a 160 class animal maybe upper 170s. As the doe took off he went also, then they came back with another buck in tow both chasing this doe hard. To shortin my story up some I finally get to he stand an hour after leaving the cabin so, more big boys in the pasture locked up with there doe. sat in the lock on stand in the north east corner that afternoon. had deer movin all day. Have a little spike on video doggin a little fawn, while this was short lived I noticed the spike stopped lookin to the south east across the fence and I noticed a bigger buck coming in. So I got him on the cam too, nice deer I've added pics I took with my cell off of the video so they aren't great but you get the idea. I had this one come into me with one blow on the grunt. Had him at 6 yrds, oh yeah I put the cam down and picked up the bow and then changed my mind. I had seen bigger and I am down to 1 buck tag. If I still had 2 he'd be dead. Oh wait, he is dead, Lindel shot him Friday morning, opening day of gun. In total I saw 15 deer Wed. 5 definite shooters and this one in the pics. Thurs. saw 4 deer nothin big and shot my first turkey ever. Hammered a hen at 30 yrds. Was a kick * hunt. I had to hold at draw forever, my arms were burning so bad, I had my head down on my draw arm to help hold and my bow arm elbow on my waist, when I thought it was now or let down time I picked up, pinned her and released about that fast. the blood trail was awesome and full of bubbles so I knew I had a dead bird. Friday saw 2 deer no big ones. Sat. only saw 1 deer the same one I saw Wed. morning in the same area and had I sat in the tower stand I would have had him he walked right by it. Sun. saw 4. it was the worst gun season I have ever seen. But I know where 1 big boy hangs now so if I get lucky I'll have him down Thurs. or Friday and I got a turkey so it was a good 5 days. ok now pics, hope y'all have high speed net.

Don't laugh at the turkey pic it was colder than crap and windy, it was go out side take the pic and get back in to warm up. cuttin it up was tough in that weather. Hope y'all that hunted had good luck and a good time.

buckwalk2.jpg

buckwalked.jpg

DSC00202-1.jpg

Comments