In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

I'm off to Wisconsin

dcso3009dcso3009 Member Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭✭✭
I wish it was for a bow hunt, but my wife and I are rifle hunting up north this year. She is at work for a few more hours, and we are leaving from there to head up. I'll try to check in and give a report during the week.
Later

Comments

• fishmastyfishmasty Member Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Good Luck!!!!!!!!! It has been many years for me to hunt the opener,.. very cold too[;)]. I hunted Iowa county, around Spring Green/ Lone Rock. have a safe and successful hunt!!!!!!!!
  • buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    best of luck, most of all enjoy the hunt trip[;)]
  • surekillsurekill Member Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • dcso3009dcso3009 Member Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Well, we survived the season. My wife shot 2 bucks (her first 2 deer ever) and I managed to shoot 2 baldies. The group ended up with 10 total deer, but it was a slow year. Some estimates say the state could be down as much as 50% from last year. We all expect to be Earn-A-Buck next year in the area we hunt. Not a bad thing for me.... I don't seem to be able to come up with a buck most years. Oh well...

On a side note, the wolf population seems to be doing well. We saw many singles and my bro-in-law saw a pack of 6 all together. 2 even stopped and stared him down in his tree from 20 yards!
  • JimmyJackJimmyJack Member Posts: 5,385 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Amazing that you saw any deer at all with that many wolves around. They scare them away in a hurry. I watched a fawn eating apples when a wolf howled about 3 or 4 hundred yards away and it took off on a dead run. I think they underestimated the wolf count about as bad as they did the deer count. I think there will be a huge rebellion against the wolves in the next few years. The wardens around here have no sympathy for them. I read where one wolf comsumes about 18 deer a year. the first one you see is unique, the rest rapidly become a pain in the dupa.