In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Barnett Quad 400 Crossbow

sharkman69sharkman69 Member Posts: 856 ✭✭✭✭
Now that Michigan is going to allow crossbows during the archery season, I'm thinking about getting one, so I can sit up in my treestand and playing sniper when a big buck comes along. One of my wholesalers offers Barnett and Horton crossbows, and the Barnett Quad 400 looks pretty good. Since I'm not very knowlegable about crossbows, I thought I'd get advice from someone who is. So, who can give me any information, good or bad, about the Quad 400?

Comments

• Options
    Gregor62Gregor62 Member Posts: 3,058 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I bought one about 2 years ago.

On the plus side, it is fast and accurate. It fits me very well(6' medium frame). LOP feels good, with a smooth trigger pull, out-of- box. The "package" is an excellent value for the $.

On the down side, within the first 30 shots, mine blew a limb. Just plain bad luck?? Barnett promptly took care of the situation including shipping charges. However, it is headed back to the factory again, after last years hunt, with a badly frayed server. This happened on my second shot in the field, last October.

If they can't get this thing straightened out, it will go on the auction block and I will replace it with a re-curve style crossbow.

One other tid-bit, the only case I found available was a Flambeau soft side, and the bow/w scope pushes it to the limits(height). No hard-side cases were available for a scoped unit.

There are several threads on crossbows here that may help in your final decision.