In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

hoyt?bowtech?

A.GunA.Gun Member Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭✭✭
Been readin up, I like the look of a hoyt, and the bowtech....I hear bowtechs are silky smooth to shoot. I figure in a few weeks I'll have some cash saved up and go to an archery store and shoot some. Anyone have any input?

Comments

• Options
    bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    Dude this is an unbeatable deal! I wish I could swing it without sellin my XT. The General is the smoothest I've ever shot. but I'm starting to sound like a broken record so go shoot one and make your own decision.

http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=910286
  • Options
    D.DelozierD.Delozier Member Posts: 22 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Over the years I've owned Bear ,Martin,PSE ,Pearson, and as of late a Bowtech.A few years ago I was looking to update my setup and I was also drawn to the Hoyt line,My local archery pro shop( Hooties outdoors ) in South Carolina, a very good place to do bussiness,carries the big 3 Mathews ,Bowtech ,Hoyt. I went in sure that I wanted a Hoyt Razor,after trying out a bunch of different models Lenny (owner ) handed me a Bowtech,Try this one out,he said.Well it was love at first shot! Bought that Bowtech and have never regreted it or looked back.Smoothest fastest quietest bow I ever shot.I always recomend that you at least give them a try you wont be disappointed.
  • Options
    dcso3009dcso3009 Member Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Our local pro shop quit carrying the Bowtech/Diamond lines because of poor service from the manufacturer. Last year they had many Generals with blown limbs, and had lots of problems getting parts. They chose not to have this problem again.
  • Options
    D.DelozierD.Delozier Member Posts: 22 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Interesting, Hotties sell a very high volume of Bowtechs never heard about any big problems like that. Back in 05 they had a rash of E-clips poping off,traced it back to a bad batch of clips. Thats about all I've ever heard as far as chronic problems with the Bowtech line.
  • Options
    bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by dcso3009
    Our local pro shop quit carrying the Bowtech/Diamond lines because of poor service from the manufacturer. Last year they had many Generals with blown limbs, and had lots of problems getting parts. They chose not to have this problem again.

Delozier, Bowtech had a huge recall last year on the Generals, they had a limb problem where the pin went threw the cams. HUGE, HUGE recall. But I agree Bowtech makes a great bow.

DCSO, It would be a safe bet that the problem getting parts was due to the huge recall. I thought it was good of Bowtech to step up to the plate recall the thousands of bows and replace the limbs. I do know Bowtech did not pay the dealers labor to do the work which is crappy. But I'm sure that it cost them lots of dough to replace all those limbs