In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

womens bow

wvhuntwvhunt Member Posts: 822 ✭✭✭✭
Hey all,

I finally got my girlfriend into guns now im wanting to take the leap and get a bow in her hand, Im wanting a decent price womens bow, and tips. I also would like some input, She is left handed yet does many things right handed ( like most people i know just due to not having left handed items as a child) should she bow hunt left or right handed? ( Im guessing taking her to a bow shop to get the feel of both would be the best idea, however knowing her she will say both feel fine)

Comments

• Chief ShawayChief Shaway Member, Moderator Posts: 6,191 ******
    edited November -1
    #1, Good for you to have a girlfriend interested. You hit the nail on the head about taking her to a shop.
    Have her figure out which eye of hers is dominant and then go from there. That will do away with her saying that both are fine.
    Good luck and happy shooting with the GF.
  • wvhuntwvhunt Member Posts: 822 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Been with her for 5 years now, and she has never complained about my addiction to anything outdoors. Bought a mini 14 yesterday and she was just as excited as I was, made me finally wanna get her out with me with a bow aswell. Anyone with any bow model ideas?
  • Chief ShawayChief Shaway Member, Moderator Posts: 6,191 ******
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by wvhunt
    Been with her for 5 years now, and she has never complained about my addiction to anything outdoors. Bought a mini 14 yesterday and she was just as excited as I was, made me finally wanna get her out with me with a bow aswell. Anyone with any bow model ideas?

Just depends on the money your wanting to spend.
    ]I bought my son the PSE Stringer. It has something between a 7 1/2" to 8" brace height. It was close to $300. It is a very forgiving bow for the young or novice shooter. I'm sure though there are plenty of other good bows out there. Like I said earlier, taker her to a bow shop and let her shoot away.
  • wvhuntwvhunt Member Posts: 822 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    thanks for the input
  • dcso3009dcso3009 Member Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I got my wife a Mission X3 a few years ago. She loves the bow and shoots it well. I am not a big fan of the "women's bows" out there. There is no reason for a woman not to shoot the same bow as a man, it just needs to be fitted to them- just as a good pro shop would do for a man.
  • bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    +1 on figuring out which is her dominant eye. If she's right eye dom. it would be best that she shoot right handed and visa versa.
    I also agree with the others on just take to to a shop and let her find one that feels good and fits her. Glad you guys can share the excitement thats pretty awesome.
  • buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    Thats pretty cool my wife never says a word when I go hunting but she wants no part of the killing. AHHHH I give her a couple hundred bucks and send her to the Mall.[:I]