In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

bowhunters

tazzertazzer Member Posts: 16,837
good luck to all, season starts in the am for us here in texas [:p][:p][:D]

Comments

• BBQGUYBBQGUY Member Posts: 101 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    What kind of bag limitsdo you have in texas. I'm going to Ohio for a week of hunting Oct. 12th. Will then return to Missouri to hunt the end of october and early November. Good luck to team #6.
  • KulaKula Member Posts: 21 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    If anyone needs a tip for a hot area to hunt i say try Guthrie County Iowa. They have been having a real deer problem there, they keep adding seasons to try and get rid of the deer that are ruining the crops.
    Add to that most of the landowners got out of the cattle business and went strictly with crops, so the deer are hurting them financially and they are no longer worried about losing a cow to an accident.

Its pretty sparsely populated and you cant drive far without seeing a deer. They had one in the Napa store this month. Last year they had a special season for inside Springbrook Park, i imagine they will do it again. check the with the DNR rep there.
  • dcso3009dcso3009 Member Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'd consider a hunt in IA if they had a reasonable out of state license. I thought WI was bad at $160....
  • bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Kula
    If anyone needs a tip for a hot area to hunt i say try Guthrie County Iowa. They have been having a real deer problem there, they keep adding seasons to try and get rid of the deer that are ruining the crops.
    Add to that most of the landowners got out of the cattle business and went strictly with crops, so the deer are hurting them financially and they are no longer worried about losing a cow to an accident.

Its pretty sparsely populated and you cant drive far without seeing a deer. They had one in the Napa store this month. Last year they had a special season for inside Springbrook Park, i imagine they will do it again. check the with the DNR rep there.

How many people can I bring? I mean I generally hunt with 4 guys but have a camera man too. How many acres? I'd have a real interest. I was wanting to go out of state to hunt somewhere but was leaning toward Ohio since tags and all are only like $164 OTC.
    edited November -1
    Iowa also requires you purchase a doe tag @ $100. Bringing tag fees near I believe $450. or more. Too rich for me. Don't believe they want to controll deer #'s as much as they want revenue from non-residents. Ohio looks alot better @ $164 which I just paid, and that is with a doe tag bonus.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by dcso3009
    I'd consider a hunt in IA if they had a reasonable out of state license. I thought WI was bad at $160....

shoot...Illinois is over $400
  • KulaKula Member Posts: 21 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Wow my bad! i had NO idea the prices went through the roof, that is nuts. My family owns over 900 acres and we pay over ten thousand a year in property tax and even I would have to shell out over $400 to hunt. In the mean time in the paper they talk about some of the special hunts. 39 dollars for 2 deer and if you crap out u get your money back. Turns out that is resident only, jerks.
    Meanwhile The deer move in large herds on our land, 12 or 13 at a time are the norm, but i have seen as many as 27 at a time together...
    Sorry i had no idea iowa screwed non residents so bad.[:(]
    edited November -1
    I thought Iowa was only in the upper $200s.
    edited November -1
    Iowa Buck non-resident $300+, then add mondatory doe $100. Buck may even be more this year. If you put in for a good area chances are 1:2-3. Preference points also envolved. Iowa is one big hassle. Ohio and Pa. much better if you live close to them. Maybe if everyone boycotted Iowa they may become more reasonable. I'm boycotting.
    edited November -1
    Just checked with Iowa DNR regs sheet. Next year, Buck $423 + Hunting license $80. Pretty proud of their deer. BOYCOTT!!!!
  • tazzertazzer Member Posts: 16,837
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by BBQGUY
    What kind of bag limitsdo you have in texas. I'm going to Ohio for a week of hunting Oct. 12th. Will then return to Missouri to hunt the end of october and early November. Good luck to team #6.

BBQ

We can take 4 during the bow season, 2 bucks and two doe [:D]
    edited November -1
    I leave next week for Ohio. Then back to Missouri for the rut. Good luck in the lone star. [:)]
  • tazzertazzer Member Posts: 16,837
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by BBQGUY
    I leave next week for Ohio. Then back to Missouri for the rut. Good luck in the lone star. [:)]

same to You BB