In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Passed on a buck last night

dcso3009dcso3009 Member Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭✭✭
Had him come through at 25 yards. Not a great shot from the tree I was in, but could have made it work. He walked without stopping directly down wind of me. I was really high in the tree(30 feet), and I'm sure that was what saved me. Fun just to watch him work his rub line that I hadn't seen until I watched him work one. Then he continued on another 50 or so yards and sparred with another smaller buck.

I'll be back out tonight.

Comments

• Options
    bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    Sounds like an awesome time in the tree!
  • Options
    dcso3009dcso3009 Member Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Tonight was better... Saw 3 bucks. All together they would have made a good one. A 4 and two 6 points. The 4 and 6 where sparring. Bucks are cruising and starting to follow does around... things are heating up early in MN.
  • Options
    Chief ShawayChief Shaway Member, Moderator Posts: 6,196 ******
    edited November -1
    Sounds like they have you surrounded. I'm taking my son out this weekend for the youth hunt. It has been raining here for about 24 hours straight. Its gonna be a little mushy.
  • Options
    iamgrizz2009iamgrizz2009 Member Posts: 1 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    pretty cool.
    i for one am way too fat for a tree stand...lol
    i do have one but want to live.i have a two man latter too but dont use it as they are alittle light fingered here in vt. you dont want to leave one up unless its on your own land,even if you have written permision. it wouldnt be there in the am....lol