In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Goodluck bowhunters

wvhuntwvhunt Member Posts: 822 ✭✭✭✭
Its opening day on sat. here in WV, goodluck to all hunters in WV and elsewhere.

Comments

• bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    Good luck to you!
  • A.GunA.Gun Member Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Where at in wv do you hunt. I'm on the border of ohio, pa, and wv haha. And goodluck to you
  • MrGunz22MrGunz22 Member Posts: 2,086 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    AGUN...How far are you from Zanesville? I have a couple farms just outside the city limits I hunt out there. Didn;t make it out last yr(knee surgery) but I'm heading out first week in Nov. this yr.
  • wvhuntwvhunt Member Posts: 822 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Im from harrison county, however i do must of my hunting in parkersburg WV. I had one horrible weekend, saw 3 bucks at my new stand, passed on all till a 6pt came in, i took the shot and he must have been quartering towards me more than i thought because i got all front shoulder blade, got maybe 2 inches of penitration, i still tried to track, however only blood was on the broken arrow, looked for over 3 hours. Gave up on the buck, felt horrible i wounded a deer, went back out to another stand and rattled in a 8. I took the shot however it caught a branch and deflected up just enough to catch the deer below the spine, got a pass through however my magnus broadhead broke off at the threaded insert( must have caught a vertebra) got no blood trail, no hair, nothing. Searched for 3 hours last night and another 3 this morning and this deer also gave me no signs. This is the only time in my life i have prayed that i wish i would have missed, i feel horible wounding a deer like that.
  • bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    Sorry to hear about your weekend.
  • A.GunA.Gun Member Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Im not too far from zanesville, Im from east liverpool. I hunt everywhere from wellsville to lisbon and beaver. Turkey hunt in highlandtown too haha