In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Sound Advice

Chief ShawayChief Shaway Member, Moderator Posts: 6,196 ******
Check your danged pockets before you wash your stuff. My REALLY good pair of gloves were in the pockets of my scent suit.
Now I'm trying to stuff the fingers back in where they belong. The leather palms are a little tough also.[V]

Comments

• Options
    dcso3009dcso3009 Member Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    That sucks! I did the same a year ago. I ended up throwing them away, and buying new ones.
  • Options
    DIRTYRATDIRTYRAT Member Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Want some more "sound advice"??? Kick the living shinnt out of your boots to remove the mud before climbing up into your stand!!! Stood up to draw and dried mud started falling and it sounded like a hail-storm...U can guess the rest...[V]
  • Options
    dcso3009dcso3009 Member Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by DIRTYRAT
    Want some more "sound advice"??? Kick the living shinnt out of your boots to remove the mud before climbing up into your stand!!! Stood up to draw and dried mud started falling and it sounded like a hail-storm...U can guess the rest...[V]

Not sure about "sound advice" but that is a dirty trick...[:D]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Have it happen to me also but usually there is nothing to scare away.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by dcso3009
    That sucks! I did the same a year ago. I ended up throwing them away, and buying new ones.

I got all of the fingers back in. Don't know if they are still waterproof though.
    I have to try on gloves and I'm broke so a new pair will have to wait.
  • Options
    A.GunA.Gun Member Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I like it when I leave a scent bottle or something small like that in there, the best was my camo armguard...thats now faded haha
  • Options
    bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by dcso3009
    quote:Originally posted by DIRTYRAT

Not sure about "sound advice" but that is a dirty trick...[:D]

it was definitely "sound" advice, it "sounded" like a hail storm [:D]
  • Options
    buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    I also have some more sound advise if you are planning on spending the day in the tree.
    Make sure its only a fart before you push[:I][:D]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by buckeyboy
    I also have some more sound advise if you are planning on spending the day in the tree.
    Make sure its only a fart before you push[:I][:D]

That is sound advice any time.[:D]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    When your arrow breaks after shooting a deer, take your Lum-Nok or other lighted nock out. Just now took mine out of the shaft from Mondays kill and it was full of blood. I washed most of it out.
    It still works though.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    When target shooting with your broadheads REMEMBER THAT THEY ARE BROADHEADS!
    I was just shooting a couple of rounds to make sure all flying well when I went to take an arrow out I somehow managed after pulling it out of the target to slice the hell out of my thumb. What a dumbazz I am.