In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Flooded

Chief ShawayChief Shaway Member, Moderator Posts: 6,196 ******
Glad I didn't go out this morning. Went out tonight and all but 1 of my stands are under water because of all of the rain we've been getting. Guess I'll just duck hunt out of them next weekend.

Comments

• buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    rained all day saturday so I set two new stands in the rain.
    Then it poured heavy all night last night till 3 am then cleared was in one of those new stands this morning saw 9 deer.. got one[;)]
    Not one deer was a buck. but they are there not sure whats up still trying to figure this new spot out.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by buckeyboy
    rained all day saturday so I set two new stands in the rain.
    Then it poured heavy all night last night till 3 am then cleared up. I was in one of those new stands this morning at 5:30 saw 9 deer.. got one doe.
    Not one deer was a buck. but they are there not sure whats up still trying to figure this new spot out.
    OOPS POSTED TWICE[:I][:I]
  • bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    We've had a lot of rain too. it did quit long enough to get out for the weekend. We went south to the cabin never saw a deer in the woods always out in the pasture. Came home yesterday tried a new spot in my tree line. Had to do a lot of cuttin and the tree is the smallest i've ever sat in. I set up right off the corner of a corn field where they have a trail that goes from one field to the other. about 60 yrds between the two fields, both corn. Didn't see anything and it started to rain. I don't know if any of you guys use a green light to get in and out in the dark. But I don't recommend them. I've walked up on two skunks now and a cow. last nights skunk chased me. Guess green really doesn't * the game. [:D]
  • Chief ShawayChief Shaway Member, Moderator Posts: 6,196 ******
    edited November -1
    Maybe the skunk wanted a mate.[:D]
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Chief Shaway
    Maybe the skunk wanted a mate.[:D]

Yep he must stink Skunks follow him. Ive been trying to use no light at at all Its not easy, but my new spots are good and want no education of the animals there.
  • Chief ShawayChief Shaway Member, Moderator Posts: 6,196 ******
    edited November -1
    I do my dangedest? to not use a light ever. Sometimes though, someone goes out there and moves the tree.
    When I feel like I must it is now a red led.