In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Buck moving in PA - downed one last night

tcleartclear Member Posts: 132 ✭✭✭
This is a buck we have on cameras, so I knew him when he stepped out. I was in a ground blind and he popped out at 8 yards, so I had a very bang, bang decision and shot. I did not see he had snapped his tine.[:(]
Still a nice buck and I am happy with him. Dropped 35 yards after the shot. I have seen a lot of buck on their feet trolling in the last 4-5 days. This buck definatly has the tarsels stunk up. Full rut can't be too far off.

009.jpg

Comments

• Options
    Chief ShawayChief Shaway Member, Moderator Posts: 6,196 ******
    edited November -1
    Very nice deer. Congratulations.
  • Options
    buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    awsome buck great job bud
  • Options
    bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    Congrats! I haven't even seen any signs of pre rut activity yet. [:(]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks to all. He only measures out just under 95 with the busted tine and stubby brows, but I am sure he will taste the same. [:p] What amazed me most was the intent interest my 6 year old has shown through this whole season and especially on this buck. I think I may get a hunter out of one of two girls [:D]
    That night when I dropped this off at the processor they had 6 other buck in. They had only taken 2 the whole season thus far! Two of them were hogs. One a main frame 10 with split brows that will go 130's and the other a perfectly symetrical 12. Looked like a texas buck. Long, skinny and very dark racked, and had to push over 40's.
    I have been one of the first to rag on PA and their lack of good buck (125 or better), but that seems to have changed a little this year. Hope it continues!
    Good luck to all.
  • Options
    DIRTYRATDIRTYRAT Member Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Nice...Congrats![8D]...Did ya save them Tarsels?[;)]
  • Options
    ~Mr. Colt .45~~Mr. Colt .45~ Member Posts: 1,546 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Nice buck congrats. Are you going to get him mounted? If you still have the trail cam pics the taxiderist should be able to put a fake tine on there matching the one that broke just by looking at the pic.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Tarsels are in the fridge right now of a friend who is still hunting the same property. We have at least two others better and on eabout the same this year over there on the cameras. Usually there is a buck or two that would top 100" and this year we had 4 to start the year (then mine broke himself off).
    As for the mount, I would seriously consider it being a bow kill, but I have 7 others that I have mounted right now and I am running out of wall space[:)](not a complaint at all). 3 of them are smaller than this, but they are great memories - my first buck with a bow at age 12 was a 7 point - the last year I hunted with my father I killed a 94 inch 8 with the bow - and another is a very goofy tined buck that wouldn't score worth a darn, but I had to put him on the wall because I though he was so neat. Most of these are rifle kills though. THis is a picture of the goofy one that is one of my favorites.
    007-1.jpg

THe one wall looks like this.
    005-1.jpg
  • Options
    buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    great room withthe mounts[;)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thank you. Between these, the coyote and the bobcat in the room it really freaks out all of my wife's nonhunting friends who have lived in the city of erie all of their life. Faces really are priceless the first time they see it. [:D]
    I was very blessed to be born into a family where my father loved the outdoors and had his own business, so there was time available to get there often with us. Most years we were able to do at least one of the other states surrounding us too. WHitetail is a sickness that my wife knew came along with the marriage and she was very cooperative when looking for the new home to be sure that I had an area for all my stuff. Best part is I am standing in the bar when I took this picture!