In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

REALLY FLOODED

Chief ShawayChief Shaway Member, Moderator Posts: 6,196 ******
I put out some duck decoys last night to hunt on this morning. The dang flood raised 4' over night. Didn't lose any decoys but lost a couple of bags that I threw on the ground. Couldn't even shoot any ducks cause it was 6' out in front of us and the current going thru the field made any retrieval impossible.
Just saying that if I have 1000 acres to hunt, 750 are under water.[V]
At least i have shot a couple and have enough in the freezer to last us. Shotgun season might really suck.
Gonna turkey hunt on another property tommorrow. Saw them roost from a stand I was sitting in tonight..

Comments

• Options
    bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    I hear ya, I'm so sick of walking ankle and shin deep threw flooded bean/corn fields carrying 50lbs of crap just to get to a tree and see nothing.
  • Options
    Chief ShawayChief Shaway Member, Moderator Posts: 6,196 ******
    edited November -1
    It is back down tonight but on Sat. you would have needed a boat to get to 6 out of 7 stands. Most were in 6 feet of water.
    Another property I hunt will still be bad until they get the dang corn out. Our farmers are going nuts with good reason.
    My lease ground still has most of the beans in also.