In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Embed a target arrow into a second arrow?

n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
While shooting I embedded an alumnum target arrow into a second arrow about 8 inches. The second arrow is barely split. Has anyone else done this. I have been told by otheras they have also had this experience and I am wondering how common it is.

Sage 1

Comments

• Options
    MrGunz22MrGunz22 Member Posts: 2,086 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Its called a "Robin Hood" pretty hard to do, especially if your trying to. Congrats
  • Options
    dcso3009dcso3009 Member Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have done it quite a few times a few years back. Since then I switched to "Pin Nocks". They cost a few $ more, but it takes the beating vs killing your expensive arrows. These are the ones I use...
    http://www.goldtip.com/nocks.htm

A friend was doing some broadhead tuning 2 years ago and stuck his BH into the shaft of one of his field point arrows. At that point he said "good enough".
  • Options
    NUguyinCrewNUguyinCrew Member Posts: 39 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I did the same thing with some carbon express arrows. They are about 6" into each other and solidly stuck together enough that I cant pull them apart.
  • Options
    DIRTYRATDIRTYRAT Member Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Got a set of shafted carbons- "Robin-Hood" hanging on the wall..Did it with my Switchback XT when it was new and I was shooting on a league...Hit nocks a few times every now and then while shooting at my 3-d targets...Like to shoot 5-spot targets for that reason...