In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Rut

bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
Still nothin'. Hunted hard all weekend, saw 11 deer and 7 coyotes on Sat. morn. 1 small 8 sat. evening nothing on sunday. I didn't see anything that would make me think the rut was here or starting. except, on the way down we only saw 1 road kill deer on the way back 25. There was no chasin, pushin or anything in the woods or fields. loan and groups of doe, loan or groups of bucks.

Comments

• Options
    NUguyinCrewNUguyinCrew Member Posts: 39 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Same here. Hoping it will change over the next two weeks.
  • Options
    bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    Me too! I usually see the most activity the week before gun opens. Killed my best on Nov. 28th.
  • Options
    wvhuntwvhunt Member Posts: 822 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Things are slow here in WV, we hunted hard all week we finally had ONE buck chasing a doe on saturday, but i still think we are aways off from it really going.
  • Options
    DIRTYRATDIRTYRAT Member Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Got to watch a "suburban-bruiser"{12pt?} in a brushy field chase around 5 does?{antlerless anyhow} from the seat of my D-5 at work yesterday morning...He was intent on catching one. They had him running all over the place in that field. They looked like they were teasing him on purpose[:D] ...the dozer didnt even phase them...What a show..[8D]
  • Options
    Gregor62Gregor62 Member Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Seems to be heating up in MI. Last four bucks I saw this week were all running does. My pine and cherry trees are taking quite a beating right now.[:(]

The lead starts flying Sunday, so the smart ones will be moving to their underground (nocturnal) habitat.