In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Going to stop into a shop tonight...

elkoholicelkoholic Member Posts: 5,130
...on the way home from work. Try shooting a couple bows.

http://the-bowzone.com/default.aspx

Comments

• Options
    buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    cool, let us know[;)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Ok...this is going to take a while. I shot a Bowtech Admiral and I'm going back to shoot the Monster. About the only thing I know for sure is that my draw length is 30" and I prefer the Scott Mongoose release over a couple others that I tried. Shoulder felt good at 60 lbs.
  • Options
    shoff14shoff14 Member Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Did you get any hand held releases in your hands? I hate the wrist strap releases.
  • Options
    bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    I'm switchin to a thumb style for next year
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by shoff14
    Did you get any hand held releases in your hands? I hate the wrist strap releases.

Not yet but I will. I like the strap release bs it is attached to me and harder to loose.
  • Options
    shoff14shoff14 Member Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by elkoholic

Not yet but I will. I like the strap release bs it is attached to me and harder to loose.

I have two truball releases I can send you if you want to try them out. You won't lose these has you clip them on and forget about them. You can't have them though.[;)] These aren't the hook type, those really won't work for hunting. Several of the manufacturers including truball of wrist straps you can purchase.

One of them is the chappy boss and the other one is a diamond or thumb. I would have to look and don't feel like it at the moment. I have two the two different release mechanisms for the diamond, and tru ball has a caliper type and the talon head.

When I was shooting indoors, I preferred the talon head on the chappy boss. The chappy bass has more adjustment then the other release and has less travel so sensitivity is very high.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by elkoholic

I have two truball releases I can send you if you want to try them out. You won't lose these has you clip them on and forget about them. You can't have them though.[;)] These aren't the hook type, those really won't work for hunting. Several of the manufacturers including truball of wrist straps you can purchase.

One of them is the chappy boss and the other one is a diamond or thumb. I would have to look and don't feel like it at the moment. I have two the two different release mechanisms for the diamond, and tru ball has a caliper type and the talon head.

When I was shooting indoors, I preferred the talon head on the chappy boss. The chappy bass has more adjustment then the other release and has less travel so sensitivity is very high.

Thanks for the offer but I'm getting together with a buddy this weekend who uses truball so I'll be able to try his.
  • Options
    dcso3009dcso3009 Member Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1

I'm with you on this one. My release is a TruBall ST360. You said the hook style would not work for hunting.... I do it, and love it. I keep the release in my pocket and then when the time comes just hook the loop and you are good to go.

Like I said my main release is the ST360, but I also shoot a Trail Boss (mostly my wife shoots that one now). I have played with many of the ones out there. Carter makes good stuff, but the fit can be a problem. Stans work great, but their best stuff is back tension.

Bottom line is find what you like and go with it.