In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Would you buy a used bow?

elkoholicelkoholic Member Posts: 5,130
I've run into a couple 2009 bows that guys are trading in for 2010 models. These bows were $700+ last year and are now $300+. Should I even consider this as an option?

Comments

• bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    Sure. I would guess most here have bought 1 used at some point
  • ChetStaffordChetStafford Member Posts: 2,794
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bang250
    Sure. I would guess most here have bought 1 used at some point

I bought a used Bowtech Equalizer 3 years ago and it is the best bow I have ever owned. I still have it
  • shoff14shoff14 Member Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I had a 1 year old Hoyt Protec I shot indoors with. No way could I afford a new one at the time, so I bought it used. Sold it on ebay 2.5 years later for more then I paid for it. [:D] The only thing I did to it was change the strings, twice and the module when I got it.
  • buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    I am the king of used bows. You can get a 800 dollar bow, 1 year old like new condition for, 400 -450 bucks[;)]
  • elkoholicelkoholic Member Posts: 5,130
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by buckeyboy
    I am the king of used bows. You can get a 800 dollar bow, 1 year old like new condition for, 400 -450 bucks[;)]

It looks like this is the plan.
  • taco413taco413 Member Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1

Yer also the King of the queer monkeyboy tribe but I still like ya[:D]
  • shoff14shoff14 Member Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by taco413

Is that because your a tribe member? [}:)][:0]
  • taco413taco413 Member Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hey!!! No one ask you to chime in lol.

Back to the subject at hand. I have bought 3 bows in the last six months that are used,
  • buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by taco413

takes one to know one ugluboy tribe[:D][:D]
  • k_townmank_townman Member Posts: 3,588
    edited November -1
  • lunkerbusterlunkerbuster Member Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    yeah i would.elite archery even still honors their lifetime warranties on their used bows.most bow companies will only warrant their bows to the original owner.
  • chevynutschevynuts Member Posts: 10 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yes! Make sure its right handed if your dominant eye is your right. Also make sure the draw length is compatible to you [it fits].If the draw length is adjustable ok if not you might have to buy different draw lenght modules or new diameter wheels [not a good idea] The longer draw you make the bow the stronger it gets and the shorter weaker.