In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

a few buckey cam pix

buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
here is today -5 this morning.
040.jpg
031.jpg
015.jpg
025.jpg
017.jpg
032.jpg
022.jpg
023.jpg
going again in the am a balmy -8

Comments

• Options
    Chief ShawayChief Shaway Member, Moderator Posts: 6,196 ******
    edited November -1
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Chief Shaway
    Very nice.

Thanks cheif,, shot a big doe this morning It was really cold I hit her farback and high. I had mittins on and the foldback part would not fit through the wrist strap. so iy was half way through.. Im thinking I torqued the bow.
    she went in some thick stuff and stood there for over an hour barely moving kinda just little circles.
    when my buddy came she hobbled off found 1/2 my arrow we tried to cut her off several times she kept stopping 60 yards in front not a fatal hit but the poor deer was in pain. then we ran across like 14 deer yarded up! deer everwhere. lost her tracks and never caught up with her..

Man I wish I never hit her at all.. I feel so bad it isint funny,[:(]
    I think the cyotes will get her. My own falt for not taking the mittins off.
    but even holding the bow for 5 min before the shot my fingers were completly numb. they hurt so bad when they finally got warm, well no excuses, but boy I cant stop thing that that poor animal is suffiring due to my bad decision. I feel like crap..[:(] I just hope she dosent suffer too long or more than she already has. Times like this make me want to quit sometimes. Boy I love to hunt but this was just terrible. sorry for the long winded vent.
  • Options
    Chief ShawayChief Shaway Member, Moderator Posts: 6,196 ******
    edited November -1
    That sucks. It happens. Doesn't make it feel any better though.
    I'm pretty much done for the year. My right hip is giving me fits. I think it time for another new one.[:(]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Chief Shaway
    That sucks. It happens. Doesn't make it feel any better though.
    I'm pretty much done for the year. My right hip is giving me fits. I think it time for another new one.[:(]
    tough to get old my elbow has tendenitous again. sucks.
    I know things happen with bow hunting Just hate to see that,,
    I'll keep going Thanks buddy[;)]
  • Options
    JosephJoseph Member Posts: 6 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    The best thing I have found for hunting in cold weather to keep my hands very warm is the large pocket they sell that goes around your waste and two 18hr hand warmer, and only a pair of thin gloves on. When shooting my longbow I have a pocket sewn to my outer clothes that I rest the bow in until I draw, release hand is always very warm, I also have a pair of mittens that I can expose the fingers when needed that I can insert warmers in. Monreo Cty Oh Hunter.quote:Originally posted by buckeyboy
    here is today -5 this morning.
    040.jpg
    031.jpg
    015.jpg
    025.jpg
    017.jpg
    032.jpg
    022.jpg
    023.jpg
    going again in the am a balmy -8