In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Got a Turkey

Chief ShawayChief Shaway Member, Moderator Posts: 6,196 ******
Shot me a big ole gobbler this morning. My season started on Friday and I have been out every morning without hearing or seeing a thing. I get out there this morning and get sat down when it starts raining again.
I'm sitting there and did some soft yelping on my box call. At one point I thought I heard a gobble but wasn't for sure. I did a couple of more series of yelps when I see one coming. I couldn't tell what it was. I then see another one walking and see the beard.
It gets to my jake decoy and starts strutting. I notice the tail looked funny but it didn't really matter cause I was shooting if given the chance.
It strutted around and finaly broke strut. When it stuck its head up I fired and it went down.
When I got over to it I found it had a 10 1/2" beard, 1 1/8" spurs, and only 3 full tail feathers. The rest were broke off aboud 5"'s down. I'm not really sure how they broke but figured that he got rolled by another bird.?

[img][/img]turkey10.jpg

Comments