In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Cross Bow...

retroxler58retroxler58 Member Posts: 32,693 ✭✭✭
NCWRC has finally opened up Archery season to include Cross Bows and Sunday Archery Hunting on private lands...

Crossbows for general archery use without the requisite medical waver.

I own and use a Bear Compound bow, but as I get older it's tougher to use...

I'd like to get a crossbow but would like some opinions on various styles and makes.

I've looking at the new Horton Vision 175 with reverse limb technology...
http://www.hortonarchery.com/crossbows/vision-175/

I usually hunt from a tree stand or ground blind and like the narrow frontal footprint this crossbow presents.

NCWRC reg states that the crossbow used must have a minimum draw weight of 150 pounds... The Horton Vision exceeds this at 175 lbs...

Any comments... are appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    wpagewpage Member Posts: 10,204 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Looks good. See if you can try one somewhere. It may be difficult to cock the string if you dont get the winder. See if the scope has the reticle with the marks for drops...
    Good luck!
  • Options
    martineziconmartinezicon Member Posts: 2 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    [:)] Excellent site, keep up the good work,i just wanted to make a quick comment to say I'm glad I found your website. Thanks you.
    =============================
    Martinez
    http://www.plrprivatelabelrights.com/plr-ebooks
  • Options
    bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    I know a guy that shoots a reverse limb, not sure I can get him here to comment but let me see what I can do. He's a supper guy and seems to love his reverse. Not sure its the same brand as what your lookin at but to hear from someone thats shot a similar is better than nothin'.
  • Options
    retroxler58retroxler58 Member Posts: 32,693 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bang250
    I know a guy that shoots a reverse limb, not sure I can get him here to comment but let me see what I can do. He's a supper guy and seems to love his reverse. Not sure its the same brand as what your lookin at but to hear from someone thats shot a similar is better than nothin'.
    Say bang250... Sounds GREAT!

Looking forward to it! [;)]