In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

i got cheated

joshmb1982joshmb1982 Member Posts: 8,929
http://www.trufire.com/broadhead_switchblades.html buyer beware of these trufire mechanical broadheads. i was sitting in my stand this morning when a coyote came strolling by. i managed to get a shot off at around 35yds. My bow is a parker legend xp with about a 58lb pull and 29in draw length. I know i hit it because i couldn't find my arrow and im 99% sure i saw the yellow feather bobbing around as the yote was running away. im not sure on exactly where i hit the yote as the shot was through some tree branches that still had some leaves on them. It was quartering away so im thinking i hit it in the stomach with the arrow going up twords the chest. anyhow the arrow did not even come close to passing through and there was absolutely no blood sign anywhere that i or my father could find.. my thinking is the design on the tip with that flat space creates to much drag. also i don't think that the blades deployed because of the lack of blood. so now theres a wounded youte out there somewhere and im missing an arrow[:(!] went out to dicks when i got home and bought a set of 2 blade rage broadheads. hopefully ill get a chance to test them out.

would a coyote yelp or make any noise after being hit with an arrow? i know i hit that sucker.

Comments

• Winston BodeWinston Bode Member Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The one I hit Wednesday evening didn't make a sound. I got complete pass through with no blood trail at all.

While I was looking in the brush for it I thought I heard a yelp like you get when you step on a dogs tail.

Don't know if he expired or not, it got too dark to continue looking.

Bode
  • wpagewpage Member Posts: 10,204 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Tough break. You could go back and check on a well lit day. I would kick around. Chance is it passed thru and buried itself in ground.
  • joshmb1982joshmb1982 Member Posts: 8,929
    edited November -1
    dont think the arrow passed through. the fletching is 2 orange feathers and 1 yellow feather. im just about certain that i saw that yellow feather sticking out of its side as it was runnin away. thats my first ever critter with a bow and i cant find the damn thing. ficken figures i tell ya.
  • wpagewpage Member Posts: 10,204 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The feather may have parted from the shaft as it passed thru...
    There is not alot on those critters to stick to.
    Good luck with your quest!
  • headzilla97headzilla97 Member Posts: 6,445
    edited November -1
    The one I shot Saturday howled before it died.