In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

2010 Game Cam pics

Winston BodeWinston Bode Member Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭✭✭
[img][/img]Bill_s_2010_Trail_Cam_Pictures_020.jpg

[img][/img]Bill_s_2010_Trail_Cam_Pictures_018.jpg

[img][/img]Bill_s_2010_Trail_Cam_Pictures_034.jpg

[img][/img]Bill_s_2010_Trail_Cam_Pictures_042.jpg

Okay, I figured it out. This is just a few of the pictures I got recently. I think I have identified at least three different bucks maybe four. Not counting a spike and a fork horn. Of course the usual pigs and turkeys.

Bode

Comments

• Options
    shoff14shoff14 Member Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The one in the first and second picture is the same buck.
  • Options
    edgecamedgecam Member Posts: 3,280
    edited November -1
    NIce looking deer you got there
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I don't know, it's hard to tell. I am excited about this season. I haven't seen deer like that in Red River County and I've been hunting up there since I was 12.

I found a skull buried in the silt in a creek bed several years ago that definitely resemble some of these racks. Genetics I guess.

Bode
  • Options
    Chief ShawayChief Shaway Member, Moderator Posts: 6,196 ******
    edited November -1
  • Options
    edited November -1
    You guys look at these deer for me, we have a 13" inside spread antler restriction in the county where I hunt. The book says to look at the ears when the deer is alert and if the antlers go out past the tips of the ears it's a legal buck.

I would like some opinions please.

Bode
  • Options
    buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    real nice deer thanks for sharing
  • Options
    edgecamedgecam Member Posts: 3,280
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Winston Bode

You guys look at these deer for me, we have a 13" inside spread antler restriction in the county where I hunt. The book says to look at the ears when the deer is alert and if the antlers go out past the tips of the ears it's a legal buck.

I would like some opinions please.

Bode

Picture #1 and #2 will be close and pic #3 will be fine. I hate the inside spread rules. some of mature deer Just don't have the genetics for a wide rack.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    That's what I was thinking. I don't think the ears are in the "alert" position so I think they will be legal. I hope to get a closer look this weekend but so far these fellas have remained nocturnal.

Bode
  • Options
    MOONEDMOONED Member Posts: 936 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    The standard that has been told to me for years, was basically that if the deer was alert, the ears would be more vertical that horizontal. If the rack was even with the ears while at "alert", you should be at 12"or 13". I agree with Edgecam, that the first two pictures will be close.
    I REALLY like the genetics on picture 1.....I would love to see what that one would look like in two years.

Aaron
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Checked my camera again saturday. Got a picture of a nice 7 point. Not much mass but wide and tall. Nice looking buck. Haven't seen this one before.

I have definitely noticed a genetic similarity between some of the bucks I'm seeing. I killed one in 2004 that had four points on the left side and three on the right side. This seven point I'm seeing this year is the same only wider and taller.

Bode
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks for the info, I've been trying some different minerals and stuff just to get em in there and now that they are there I need to find something to keep them there. I have not seen any of these deer, at least not confirmed, out in the daylight yet, (except for a spike). I did jump a couple deer that were size large but did not get a look at the front end, only the white flag.

Bode
  • Options
    bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    I see two deer everyday..... When I go out to feed [:D]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Cool, thanks for the information. I will try these out.

Bode
  • Options
    matwormatwor Member Posts: 20,594
    edited November -1
    IMHO, the only different deer in the pics is the one in velvet. The buck in Pic #1 is the same deer throughout. I'd bet he isn't quite 13" inside. The velvet deer is probably 15" inside.

Good luck Winston and let us know how your season turns out.