In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Aluminum Arrows

KatsteeKatstee Member Posts: 30 ✭✭
I recently discovered Basspro is or has sold out of their stock of aluminum arrows. What gives[?] Doesn't anyone use aluminum arrows anymore? Other archery shops in my area have done the same thing. I like aluminum, call me crazy or a pureist, but I do.[:(]

"Bad men cannot make good citizens. It is when a people forget God that tyrants forge their chains...No free government, or the blessings of liberty, can be preserved to any people but by a firm adherence to justice, moderation, temperance, frugality, and virtue: and by a frequent recurrence to fundamental principles."-Patrick Henry

Comments

• KatsteeKatstee Member Posts: 30 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Can anyone tell me the difference between a Easton 2114 arrow and a 217 arrow? I am currently using 2114's, shooting fletches with a left helical twist. I friend of mine talked me into switching to right helical twist explaining that the head won't twist loose with the R/H, I never had a problem with the L/H, but I figured I'd give it a try. I didn't notice a difference in the arrow flight.
    I saw a bunch of 2117's for sale at a good price, but I want to know if switching to 2117's will affect the arrow flight & require me to change the sight pin settings. I shoot a compound, 45 to 55 lb pull depending on the bow. Thanks.
  • wpagewpage Member Posts: 10,204 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Glass is the answer. Forget aluminum arrows.
  • JayHPJayHP Member Posts: 124 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Actually, you should choosing your arrows with spine weight as a guide.Most folks use the charts designed for that.