In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Fred Bear Bow

rochislandrochisland Member Posts: 25 ✭✭
I have a Bear takedown bow in excellent condition and it was sighed by Fred Bear in 1987, along with a picture of him signing the bow. I do not need or am interested in the bow and was what would be a fair price to ask for it.
Thank Your

Comments

• GarthGarth Member Posts: 381 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Welcome to the forums rochisland! The only way to determine a value is to put it up for auction! Start the bid at one penny or one dollar. Whatever the outcome, it would determine fair market value. If memory serves me correctly, Bear didn't mass manufacture that model bow. The pic also helps its value as well. I know some bow hunters that would want that bow just for irs novelty take down. Good luck at auction!
  • Horney toadHorney toad Member Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    There is a big difference in prices depending on year it was made. If you can post a picture or send me a picture I'll see if I can give you an estimate. I collect those old recurves.
  • rochislandrochisland Member Posts: 25 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Horney toad
    There is a big difference in prices depending on year it was made. If you can post a picture or send me a picture I'll see if I can give you an estimate. I collect those old recurves.
    I am not sure how to send pictures through gunbroker, it was made in Grayling
    Thanks
    Gregg
    edited November -1
    Is it wood? They made some out of metal (magnesium) and some were wood. How do the limbs attach to the bow?
    edited November -1
    It is laminated wood with black limbs with white tips. Wish I could send pictures. Limbs attach with a lever that snaps down under a spring loaded catch.
    edited November -1
    It sounds pretty nice. If you could send me some pictures to my email address, I'll make you an offer.
    edited November -1
    I would but do not have address.
    Gregg
    edited November -1
    I sent you a private message Gregg.