In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Turkey # 2

Chief ShawayChief Shaway Member, Moderator Posts: 6,196 ******
Here is my Cass County Turkey. 9 1/2"beard, 1 1/4" spurs. Great hunt. Had a hen land in my decoys. He strutted over 20 minutes at 60 yards before I got him pulled away from hen #2. At 36 yrds. he half broke strut and stuck his head up a little and I figured it's time and pulled the trigger.
Would have like to have used the bow but, being henned up, thought I was doing good to get him as close as I did.
Awesome hunt though. There was hen talk all around me and he was only gobbling to my calls. I didn't call alot though. Only when hen # 2 was trying to lead him away.
Worst part of the hunt was when I got stung by a wasp on my ear at 5:10 am. Nothing like getting stung, hurting like hell, and not knowing what did it.
I did find my revenge when the sun came up though. [:D]

[img][/img]turkeycass.jpg

[img][/img]turkeycass2.jpg

Comments

• Options
    Alan RushingAlan Rushing Member Posts: 9,002 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Oh, that is great. Thanks for the great photos ... they are very clear and have bright color.

So, how did the other taste ... or not tried it as yet?
  • Options
    Chief ShawayChief Shaway Member, Moderator Posts: 6,196 ******
    edited November -1
    Haven't tried him yet. They are designated for about 6 dishes of turkey and noodles.
    I camped out while hunting this one and grilled out the day I killed him.
    I did try a little piece of white and dark meat and the heart of this one on the grill.
    Pretty danged tasty.
  • Options
    Alan RushingAlan Rushing Member Posts: 9,002 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Looks good, sounds better and tastes best, I'll bet. Thanks for the info back to me.

I really like the lay of the land that I dan see there abouts you in this first photo.

Have kin on my Mother's side there in IL and up in WI also. Lived in WI on occassions. Your photos remind me of some of that country ... almost homesick or just familiear and appreciated.