In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Daughter's new Mission Craze

dcso3009dcso3009 Member Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭✭✭
It was time to upgrade my daughter's bow. She had been shooting a Genesis for a few years and really enjoying it. Also shooting quite well! Some of her Grandparents, my brother, my wife and I all went in and got her a Craze for Christmas. She is quite a girl, so I picked up a Pink Camo Craze, and then put on a sight and rest my brother took off his Monster 7.
Right now her DL is set at 23"- a bit long, and only 20lbs of DW. That will change quick! She is already 5'5" at 11YO, and growing fast. That was a big reason for the Craze... Very adjustable... 19-30"DL and 15-70lb DW with nothing to buy! Great bow for kids.
Kenznewbow.jpg

Comments

• bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    Very cool!!!! I'll have to look at those when my girls are ready, I have two that like to shoot the longbow, I'd like to get them a Genesis and maybe will this summer.
  • Alan RushingAlan Rushing Member Posts: 9,002 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    dcso3009 - her form is very good.

In the photo, if she is at full draw there, she could readily draw out to 24+ and very soon.

It is great that she has the form and the practical skills down pat before the total DL and increasing DW.

Your notions about getting her a great bow now with the ability to adjust like that is right on.

Congrats!

How many archers in your whole family?
  • dcso3009dcso3009 Member Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Alan Rushing

How many archers in your whole family?

My wife and I both shoot, as do 2 of her grandpas, one grandma, and 2 uncles. Here is my brother and daughter at a 3D shoot in Duluth, MN last Labor Day.
    302685_274845349194948_100000084549429_1181592_7264317_n.jpg
    edited November -1
    She continues to enjoy shooting the bow. We shot both Saturday and Sunday. She is improving fast, now shooting well at 20 yards. She needs to build more strength to pull more draw weight, but I was able to add a turn to the limbs.
    2012-02-04_15-27-11_837.jpg
    I also got her some different arrows, given to her by a friend. The arrows where under spine for him, so he wanted to give them to a younger shooter that could use them. He gave me 10 Easton Carbon One arrows in 730 spine with Tungsten tips. I fletched them with Blazer vanes, in pink & purple.... A must for her.... These fly much better as they are about 100 grains lighter than the other arrows she was shooting. They weigh in at 299 grains finished.
  • wpagewpage Member Posts: 10,204 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    She has great form...

Excellent sport for her development.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by wpage
    She has great form...

Excellent sport for her development.

Thank you for the comment on her shooting form. We work on that nearly every time she shoots. I try not to be too critical on her, and keep it fun, but even she can see the improvement when her form is better.
  • surekillsurekill Member Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Great bow I've got one for myself in black and my girl in gator.
  • OakieOakie Member Posts: 40,519 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    [^][^][^] Iam still shooting an old Golden Eagle Splitfire 32 and killin deer. I dont think I will ever sell it.