In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Broadhead Deal

Chief ShawayChief Shaway Member, Moderator Posts: 6,196 ******
I use the Rocket Ultimate Steel heads. When they were bought out by Trophy Ridge they went from 6 per pack to 3, same price.[V]. Just found a source that had 3 packs of the 6 packs. Bought them all.
18 heads should last me a while and hold off having to change. I hate change. [:D]

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    Got my new heads today. Guess I should of looked at the description better. [V]
    They were 2 blade instead of 3.
    They changed the blade style a couple of years ago. I have 8 of the new style and only 3 of the old style. Guess which ones these blades fit.
    Oh well. When it cools down to under 100 I'll try the 2 blades. They might be just fine.
    Never shot 2 bladede heads before so I don't know what to expect.
  • Options
    4Huntin4Huntin Member Posts: 119 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You can expect more pass throughs.
    Good Luck.
    2 Blades work good.
  • Options
    bambambambambambam Member Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I use the Rocket Sidewinder 100gr 3 blade.

I had a guy give me a lecture in D&M about those cheap @ss things, told me they have cheap rubber bands that break....ect

I told him I've killed 3 deer in one season with the same head/arrow and used the same rubber band too!!

Just have to clean the fat out of the blade channels and clean the blood off, role the rubber band back down onto the blades.

I've used these broadheads since 1996 exclusivey!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bambambam

I had a guy give me a lecture in D&M about those cheap @ss things, told me they have cheap rubber bands that break....ect

I told him I've killed 3 deer in one season with the same head/arrow and used the same rubber band too!!

Just have to clean the fat out of the blade channels and clean the blood off, role the rubber band back down onto the blades.

Not a bad place, you just gotta take some of the information in there with a grain of salt.[;)]
  • Options
    bambambambambambam Member Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Chief Shaway
    quote:Originally posted by bambambam

Not a bad place, you just gotta take some of the information in there with a grain of salt.[;)]

I've known him since I was a toddler. He's a salesmen, but a hell of a nice guy.