In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Rage 1.5 " 3 blade broad heads.

joshmb1982joshmb1982 Member Posts: 8,929
Anyone Ever have or hear of any issues with these in 1.5 inch?

I shot a doe out back with a crossbow tonight a bit before dark. She was shot at 20+-yds from about 15ft up a tree. I came back to the house and gave her 30 minutes. Went back out and found the bolt no problem. The blades were all sticking out forward, NOT REARWARD. And there was No blood to be found. I am almost certain I made a good solid hit. There was a bunch of blood on the fletching and shaft of the bolt. It's supposed to be in the upper 30s lower 40s tonight so I will wait until morning to try and track her.

I am seriously thinking the bleeping broad head didn't open up correctly

Anyone else have any experience?

Comments

• Chief ShawayChief Shaway Member, Moderator Posts: 6,196 ******
    edited November -1
    None for me. I shoot fixed.
    Had one problem with mech years ago and that was one too many. Good luck to you. Hope you find it.
  • edgecamedgecam Member Posts: 3,280
    edited November -1
    I have always used fixed blades. Sorry I can't help. Good luck finding you deer.
  • MobuckMobuck Member Posts: 13,775 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The Rage is highly recommended in my area but I choose NAP Thunderhead 125's because I just don't trust the mechanicals.
    I like the way the Rage shoots. Had to switch to aluminum shafts to get the Thunderheads to shoot well but still worth the trouble. If the arrow pulled out rather than penetrated fully, the blades would be folded forward.
    I can't fault the heads I'm using in any way. I whacked a big, dry doe just at dark this evening. Maybe a little TOO dark since instead of hitting her broadside behind the shoulder, I hit inside the right front shoulder. I knew she was hit hard when her front end went out from under her within 50'. Anyway, the bolt penetrated from in front of the right shoulder, through the chest, out the belly at the breast bone, and lodged in the opposite hind leg. Still not sure how she managed to be in this twisted position unless she jumped the string somehow turning to her right as the arrow struck. Total distance from hit to down was less than 50 yards.