In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Muzzy broadheads?

MobuckMobuck Member Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭
I shoot a Barnnett Revolution Xbow. Last year I had accuracy problems with 125 Thunderheads on my carbon bolts. It was suggested that I try a different broadhead so I bid on some Muzzy 125's on ebay. I shot a 5 shot 2" group at 25 yards today with the Muzzy/Carbon Express combo with a gusty cross wind and w/o trying especially hard. Anyone have opinions about performance of the Muzzy on deer?
I'm 100% satisfied with the outcome of the Thunderhead 125's on 2219 shafts but just want some options since I have a couple dozen carbon bolts.

Comments

• Options
    festusfestus Member Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    When I went to carbon, I had to go to a 4 inch vane to get them to shoot right. I was and still am shooting thunderheads. The bolts had 5 inch vanes when I bought them new but never could get them to shoot good. I tried a 5 inch feather with no luck. Not sure what your bolts are fletched with, but have a friend that had the same problem as I did. Other than that I have friends that won't shoot anything but muzzy and have never heard anything bad about them.
  • Options
    MobuckMobuck Member Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I've got 4" plastic vanes on both carbon and 2219 aluminum. I'd be satisfied with the accuracy of the Muzzies compared to the miserable 5-6" spread I got with the Thunderheads(on the carbon bolts). I prefer the 125's to keep the bolt weight close to 500 grains. I'll shoot some more on a calm day to verify today's results.
  • Options
    bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    Never heard anything bad about Muzzy but I've never shot them myself