In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Best Stand Down

Chief ShawayChief Shaway Member, Moderator Posts: 6,191 ******
Went for a four wheeler ride yesterday and found this. [V]
This was a very comfortable stand and a productive one.
Three bucks and a couple of does found their way to my freezer from this stand. It will be truly missed.
Hoping I can get another stand and try to put it in the same area but with hedge trees, they do not grow straight.
This guy is one from this stand.

[img][/img]985948-R1-07-8.jpg

[img][/img]Photo110.jpg

Comments

• dcso3009dcso3009 Member Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    That sucks. Is the stand repairable?

I try to remove all my stands at the end of each season. Seems like every year one gets left behind. Always end up replacing straps, seat, or something on one left out.

Good reminder to check your stands before season to make sure they are safe.
  • Chief ShawayChief Shaway Member, Moderator Posts: 6,191 ******
    edited November -1
    Not sure yet. Gonna have to take a ladder out there to get it down.
  • Alan RushingAlan Rushing Member Posts: 9,002 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Beautiful buck - no question about that - seems that you have a great deer claim there!
    edited November -1
    That buck has a matched pair of double brow tines there right?

Many of them in your area rigged out like that?

Beautiful, beautiful . . .
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Alan Rushing

That buck has a matched pair of double brow tines there right?

Many of them in your area rigged out like that?

Beautiful, beautiful . . .

Thank you but no.
    Trips on the right side, double on the left.
    Been hunting the same area since 1983 and he is the only multi-browed buck I've seen or even heard of.
    edited November -1
    Here he is a Christmas. You can see the trip on the right better in this pi

[img][/img]Photo029.jpg
    edited November -1
    Very nice - thanks for the latest photo - looks even better there on your wall!

Definitely shows off that triple brow-tine mighty well. I'd guess that one might even get away with calling it a "tri-tip" but that term gets my mouth to watering.

The only thing tougher than NOT having any venison tri-tip available, would be attempting to naw on that right "tri-tip".

Congrats again on harvesting a beautiful animal.

I've seen matched, double brow tines on some bucks in Nevada, while scouting abouts and even a couple during hunts, but never taken one of them. Had my sights on beaut of a grande matched antlered buck there also with matched and exagerated drop tines on each side. had a bunch of somebodies ride between me and that buck (on horse-back no less) . . . Oh well!
  • bambambambambambam Member Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    NICE DEER!

That sucks about your stand.... you may be able to cut that bent piece off the bottom of that section & reinsert the other section into it. The steps will just be closer where they connect.

Just make sure you don't leave any stands on Corps ground, doesn't matter how well there hid, how far off the beaten trail, they will find them & take them.[:(!]
  • MobuckMobuck Member Posts: 13,733 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I take my ladder stands down every year and store them inside. Someone with a little metal working knowledge should be able to repair the ladder back to safe usability.
    edited November -1
    Just got the stand down this week, repaired, and my son and I got her hung back up.
    Ready for October!