In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

crossbow scope mounts

JimmyJackJimmyJack Member Posts: 5,385 ✭✭✭✭
edited September 2013 in Bow Hunting and Target Archery
What kind of mounts are needed for a Horton crossbow, for a one inch Nikon scope? Can you use the same mounts that the Horton scope uses?

Comments

• MobuckMobuck Member Posts: 13,733 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    A 1" scope is a 1" scope regardless of logo.
  • OakieOakie Member Posts: 40,519 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have a horton vision crossbow and just used a set of 1" rings I had lying around. 1" is 1".
  • JimmyJackJimmyJack Member Posts: 5,385 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Found out you need a Weaver Adapter, that creates a new rail for the rings to attach to. Since Horton went tits up they no longer have the rails available. I found a few on the internet, but they are going for very high prices. If you want to get rid of the original red dot Horton scope you better find one fast.
  • JimmyJackJimmyJack Member Posts: 5,385 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Found out you need a Weaver Adapter, that creates a new rail for the rings to attach to. Since Horton went tits up they no longer have the rails available. I found a few on the internet, but they are going for very high prices. If you want to get rid of the original red dot Horton scope you better find one fast.