In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Headed out

Chief ShawayChief Shaway Member, Moderator Posts: 6,191 ******
Tomorrow evening for OPENING DAY!
I'm really not wanting to shoot anything, just spend some time in the woods.
I do my own butchering so shooting means lots of work. Last year I didn't get home til 10:30 from butchering my opening night 8 point. It made a long day at work the next day.
That being said, A nice doe will not be getting a free pass. I'll just take Wednesday off.[;)]

Comments

• saserbysaserby Member Posts: 1,873 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm with you. I'd like to go out in the morning, but I'll wait until after work. Same problem. Too hot to hang, so shooting something means a long night to get it into the fridge. But, I'm up for the challenge.
    I'm going up to the farm near Galena for the weekend. We've seen some nice bucks on camera already up there. Fingers crossed for a good opening week.

Good Luck!
  • MrGunz22MrGunz22 Member Posts: 2,086 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Im in a tree right now. Just got settled in. Phone says 83 degrees. I think this is the hottest weather I have ever hunted in.
  • Chief ShawayChief Shaway Member, Moderator Posts: 6,191 ******
    edited November -1
    I saw nothing but enjoyed myself.
    I'll head back out Friday PM.
    It tis warm here also.
    edited November -1
    2 doe. That's it. I had them within 20 yards for 1/2 hour. Tempted me. I'm headed 3 hours north Friday. Hopefully a little cooler up there. Suppose to get some rain but that's ok. Food plot came in nice this year. Deer are hitting it hard. Hopefully I will have some action.
  • Chief ShawayChief Shaway Member, Moderator Posts: 6,191 ******
    edited November -1
    I would of had to nail one of them. [:D]
    Deer in the hand........
    edited November -1
    Two does in 20 yds and I'm letting an arrow fly. Maybe two.[:D]

Where you heading north? I'm heading to Galena area for the weekend to hunt.
    edited November -1
    I'm in New York. Hudson Valley area. Im headed up to the Finger Lakes area, just outside of Ithaca. I have 50 acres there. My dad bought it in the early 70's. They have a special 5 year pilot program up there. Every registered hunter can shoot 2 anterless deer per day, everyday from Oct. 1 - Jan. 31. I didn't do the math but thats a whole lot of backstrap.
  • bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    I finally got our yesterday evening, saw 4 big doe. rushed my shot and just clipped the one. I hate that I did that but its my own fault for trying to rush. Hope everyone is doing well.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by MrGunz22
    I'm in New York. Hudson Valley area. Im headed up to the Finger Lakes area, just outside of Ithaca. I have 50 acres there. My dad bought it in the early 70's. They have a special 5 year pilot program up there. Every registered hunter can shoot 2 anterless deer per day, everyday from Oct. 1 - Jan. 31. I didn't do the math but thats a whole lot of backstrap.

For some reason I was thinking you are in Illinois. New York, kind of a toss up I guess.[:D] How'd you do?