In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Alpine Denali or other bow

tsavo303tsavo303 Member Posts: 8,891 ✭✭✭
My bud gave me his hand me down to try out (we are about the same size)
its a few year old Alpine Denali (29"/70lbs)
much nicer that the old Bear "whitetail legend" i used to hunt with (but it still worked!)
should i spend the money to get this one going (needs sights, rest, maybe restrung) or should i just buy something like that Bowtech combo cabelas has for 499 ready to go.
If i keep it, what would be a fair price ...$250? if its really worth more than that, Ill give it back and buy the Bowtech before i drop $400 more on the Alpine to get it equipped

Thanks!
Ohh, it will be largely for whitetails

Comments

• Chief ShawayChief Shaway Member, Moderator Posts: 6,191 ******
    edited November -1
    I'm not sure how old the Alpine is.
    The improvements on compounds over the years are astounding.
    I am a Bowtech guy so I am a bit biased.
    But, If you can get a brand new bow for under $500 that you have shot and are comfortable with that is completely set up, I'd say go for it whatever the brand.
    Sights,rest and string will cost you 200+.
    My recommendation is you go to your nearest bow shop or Cabelas and shoot what they have in your price range. Find the one that fits YOU and that you feel the most comfortable shooting.
  • tsavo303tsavo303 Member Posts: 8,891 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    thanks Chief.
    the denali is prob 4yrs ols
    i am thinking the same as you.
    i have a great shop here (according to my buds) will take it by and compare (I know he pushes the bowtech also!)
    thanks