In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Arrow got expensive

OakieOakie Member Posts: 40,519 ✭✭✭✭
Just bought a dozen arrows for hunting. Got a great deal I think. 60 bucks for Easton xx75 2317 with feathers. I picked the colors. Everyone else wanted 53 for a dozen but four dollars and arrow for feathers. That would put a dozen up around 100 bucks with tax. I got them at a new archery store that just opened up. I like to keep my business local. Fantastic store with great prices. Oakie

Comments

• Options
    MobuckMobuck Member Posts: 13,779 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Archery ammo is more costly than Weatherby ammo. Even at full retail, ammo for my 257 Wby is $2.50 a pop and I usually get to keep the case(worth $1) for reloading. This year I fired 4 shots to check the scope and 2 hunting($4.50/kill). Considering that I have lost/damaged every arrow that I 've killed a deer with, I'm out $7-10 for each kill.
  • Options
    dcso3009dcso3009 Member Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm shooting Victory VAP V-1's with stainless inserts, wraps & feathers. $220/ dozen. Then add the broadheads they can get really expensive.
  • Options
    OakieOakie Member Posts: 40,519 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by dcso3009
    I'm shooting Victory VAP V-1's with stainless inserts, wraps & feathers. $220/ dozen. Then add the broadheads they can get really expensive.

WOW[:0][:0] For that much, I will just run a deer over with my truck. I have accident forgivness[:D][:D][:D]Total cost would be 0