In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Leupold Vendetta Bow mounted Rangefinder

FrancFFrancF Member Posts: 35,278 ✭✭✭
Read the reviews- what say you[?]
982854.jpg

The Vendetta Archery Rangefinder from Leupold is a bow-mountable IR laser rangefinder that allows you to determine the distance to a target without having to put down your bow. This device features Leupold's True Ballistic Range (TBR) system to provide precise ranges and shot-correction recommendations. The TBR uses the rangefinder and a built-in inclinometer to calculate range and angle, and recommends elevation corrections based on bow-specific ballistics.

Made of sturdy polycarbonate composite material, the Vendetta is durable and shock resistant. The rangefinder mounts on most right or left handed compound bows. A remote pressure pad switch attaches to your grip, so you can use the rangefinder even when holding the bow at full draw. Using the spot mode will range to a stationary target, while the one-touch continuous-scan mode allows you to track moving targets with constantly updated ranges.

Aligning the IR laser with the bow's sights is easy with the aid of its integrated visible red dot laser. This visible laser is only used for zeroing the rangefinder to the sights, not for rangefinding. The red LED display is easy to read and will not greatly effect low-light eye adaption. When the battery is below ? power, the LED will blink when the rangefinder is activated.

Use and Handling

Leupold's TBR shot-correction system offers elevation corrections
Remote pressure pad switch for activation while handling bow
Single or continuous scan modes
LED display blinks when battery is below ? power

Laser

IR rangefinding laser:
Class I eye-safe
Wavelength: 905 nm

Visible alignment laser:
Class II red dot
Wavelength: 650 nm
Peak output: <1 mW

Construction

Rangefinder:
Polycarbonate composite body
Shock resistant
IPX4 compliant for weather-resistance

Mounting bracket:
Mounts on most left and right handed bows
Ball joint for precise alignment with bow sights
Aluminum construction

Comments

• Chief ShawayChief Shaway Member, Moderator Posts: 6,191 ******
    edited November -1
    Not sure myself. I have a Leupold RX 600 that I'm very happy with. Fits in a pocket and I can use it for other things besides my bow.
    I range nearby trees to get yardage before a shot presents itself.
    I'm sure it could be nice but to me, one more thing to focus on instead of what you should be focusing on.
    Get it and let us know. [;)]
  • FrancFFrancF Member Posts: 35,278 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Not liking the ball mount idea on this-
  • buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    Picked up one in the classifies for 100 bucks will mount it in a few weeks and let you know the results