In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Messing around- Firenocks and Gopro

FrancFFrancF Member Posts: 35,278 ✭✭✭
Got the GoPro3+ mounted on my bow. I wanted to video my newly installed FireNock tracer's. This is just a video test of taking a frame rate of 49fps to 29fps.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ryy_XZIaIzo&feature=youtu.be

Comments

• Options
    wiplashwiplash Member Posts: 7,146 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Bet it would look good if you mounted it on your head.
    There is no such thing as Liberal Men, only Liberal Women with Penises.'
  • Options
    1911a1-fan1911a1-fan Member Posts: 51,193 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    looks like cheating [:D]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Kinda thinking the same, the shock is messing with the video.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    The Tracer nocks are brighter than the video shows- My current arrow speed is +-300 fps. The lighted knocks are not legal to hunt with here, but I does help me with my bad shooting habits.
  • Options
    Chief ShawayChief Shaway Member, Moderator Posts: 6,196 ******
    edited November -1
    How far away is the target? I had a hard time seeing it. Just wondering how it'd look on a deer.
    Pretty cool tho. Would love to get one.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Chief Shaway
    How far away is the target? I had a hard time seeing it. Just wondering how it'd look on a deer.
    Pretty cool tho. Would love to get one.

I am about 30-32 yards on the 3d Rinehart turkey. These Firenocks are bright! I was trying to slow the video down enough to see them. But in real life, it is like a laser beam in mid light. They turn on when you shoot them. To turn them off bounce them on the nock, The have a sensitive on/off Inertia switch.

http://www.firenock.com/
  • Options
    Chief ShawayChief Shaway Member, Moderator Posts: 6,196 ******
    edited November -1
    I shoot Lumenoks. Really like them but it is time for me to get new ones before season starts. The batteries are becoming week.
    Thinking bout something different.
    With the Lumenoks, some fit really tight and you need a pair of pliers to shut the thing off. That or stick a bloody nock in your mouth. [:D]
  • Options
    dcso3009dcso3009 Member Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Chief Shaway
    I shoot Lumenoks. Really like them but it is time for me to get new ones before season starts. The batteries are becoming week.
    Thinking bout something different.
    With the Lumenoks, some fit really tight and you need a pair of pliers to shut the thing off. That or stick a bloody nock in your mouth. [:D]

I have been using the Nockturnal http://nockturnal.com/ ones for a few years. They do seem to hold up well. My Monster crushes a lot of different brand nocks... These, Easton and Victory have been the only ones not to crack after just a few shots. Lights stay on for days (maybe longer) if you don't turn them off. I like the green color light better, but that is personal preference.
    I did try a few other brands, but not Firenocks, and had less than desirable results. I know others who use all kinds of different lighted nocks and like their choice.
    My latest setup I am without lighted nocks, since not allowed where I was hunting. Not a huge deal to me. I run a pink wrap and fletch with white 4" feathers. Plenty of visibility for me unless the first or last few minutes of light.