In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

2014 Game camera (small buck)

DONDALINGERDONDALINGER Member Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭
I put the game camera (cheap $50 Tasco, but takes decent pics) out the other day and got a few pics. No bruisers have showed up yet, but did get a small buck in velvet. The white oaks around here are loaded with acorns. Last year no acorns could be found. Looking forward to a good season.

Don
2014gamecamera_zps093bff6d.jpg
2014gamecamera1_zps2c509f8e.jpg

Comments

• Chief ShawayChief Shaway Member, Moderator Posts: 6,191 ******
    edited November -1
    Very nice. I hope to go check my cam later today.
    I mowed some paths to my stands last night and also spread some turnip seeds.
    Of course, I forgot to bring my extra card for the cam.
    edited November -1
    Not too much action on my cam. Looks like it is time to move it elsewhere. Couple of late night pics of deer and *.
    Was happy to see this turkey again. They are just getting established on my private ground. Very exited.

[img][/img]turkey818.jpg
  • EhlerDaveEhlerDave Member Posts: 5,158 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I put my game cam out not long ago, looking for a different type of critter. What I got was 118 pics of wheat waving in the winds. That was all, not a bird or mouse even. [8D]
    Just smile and say nothing, let them guess how much you know.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by EhlerDave
    I put my game cam out not long ago, looking for a different type of critter. What I got was 118 pics of wheat waving in the winds. That was all, not a bird or mouse even. [8D]

That happened to me also. The place I had it before. Almost 8,000 pictures of the weeds blowing back and forth. Took about 10 minutes for my computer to delete them all. [:D]
  • DONDALINGERDONDALINGER Member Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You must have some sensitive triggers on your cameras. Mine only takes pics of deer or larger critters (fox, yoter, bobcat, turkey, raccoons). No squirrels or birds will trigger it. I used to have a Moultrie that would take pics of anything that moved. It even took pics of a heavy rain.

I'll be putting a camera up at the farm soon and hope to get some decent buck pics on it.

Regards, Don