In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Learning curve? More like learning wall!

317wc317wc Member Posts: 924 ✭✭✭✭
First day of both archery and small game season I decide to hunt small game, and am almost run over by a big 6 point being chased by a coyote. First time rattling and I don't see anything, until I stand up to change spots, then I see the 8-10 point running away. Second day rattling I spot same buck but he doesn't present a shot. Second weekend I actually draw on a buck but he hears my arrow sliding through my rest and bolts. This past week I bump a nice buck walking into my stand area and then pass a shot on a doe thinking that I might see a larger bodied deer later that day. Of course I see nothing. Couple days ago I am hunting a different area and spot 5 does, of course I don't have a doe tag for that area. Damn!

Comments

• A.GunA.Gun Member Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Welcome to bowhunting my friend.

Wait until you see a mature buck on trail cam and miss him and find out the neighbors killed him...tons of ups and downs bowhunting but the ups always outweigh the downs!