In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Mathews - No Cam Bows

A.GunA.Gun Member Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭✭✭
Has anyone had a chance to shoot these bows without the cam system? The majority of them look dumb, I wouldn't even want to hold it. But one brings back the look of the z7 and has an IBO of 330 FPS. let me knwo if anyone has a chance to shoot these kind of interesting.

Also looking into the Elite Archery group. IMO Mathews has been slipping the past couple years.

Comments

• dcso3009dcso3009 Member Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Shot it last week.

They look a bit different with the longer riser with much less reflex than most other recent bows. The bow does have the usual top heavy Mathews feel. I know they call it a "No Cam", but what I see is a dual cam. The AVS wheels from the Monster line with idler wheels.
    The draw is very soft to start, smooth, let off very gradual, and then the drawstop hits as a surprise. I did not expect to like the 85% let off. I'm a low let off guy- 65% mods in my M7. I did like this one, but shot it at 70 lbs to keep a higher holding weight.
    This is the quietest bow I have ever shot! Lots of bows claim to be quiet, this one is quiet. Bow had only a rest, sight, peep, and loop on it. They arrow made more noise hitting paper than the bow does! This bow is not a speed demon, but a real pleasure to shoot.

I would still buy the Chill X with 75% Rock Mods over the No Cam, but I like a more aggressive feel.
  • wolfpackwolfpack Member Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Just seen one yesterday in my local bow shop. Did not get to shoot it but did draw and it is very smooth. Interesting concept, no cam. I do plan on shooting one and also putting it thru a chrono to see what actual speed with a hunting setup is. The new Z2 is also an interesting bow, will also try it out. Have a friend who shoots Elite and he absolutely loves them. I have no experience with the Elite bows but have heard nothing but good about them.
  • dcso3009dcso3009 Member Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I shot the E35 a few years ago. Felt a lot like my MR7.