In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Finally, success

MobuckMobuck Member Posts: 13,793 ✭✭✭✭
I've not put much effort into bowhunting this year and earlier, I'd had two misses that went low. Did some adjustments (and may have overdone that) and went hunting Wednesday as it was probably the last "not too cold" day. First opportunity was 1 1/2 year old doe quartering away looking back at me over her far shoulder(really contorted position). Bolt went over her back and centered her neck(OOPS) for an instant DRT. Second chance was right before dark at a big doe. Also went high hitting spine just at top rear edge of shoulder blade. Another DRT but required another shot. Luck was with me.
Looks like I need to figure out what's happening with my equipment--may be the optics. That would be the easiest fix.

Comments

• Options
    Chief ShawayChief Shaway Member, Moderator Posts: 6,196 ******
    edited November -1
    Get them sights fixed asap but, Congrats[:D]
    I've made some shots like your are saying. Mine were a misjudge on the yardage tho but same results.
    At least you didn't have to track. [;)]