In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Climber Vs. Hang-on

A.GunA.Gun Member Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭✭✭
Any of you guys tote a climber or a hang on in and out of the woods with you each time?

I have a climber and just purchased a set of lone wolf climbing sticks. I was hoping with a little practice the sticks and a lightweight hang on can be quicker up the tree and also I'm not limited to hunting telephone polls.

Any insight would be helpful.

My summit weighs 16 pounds, my hawk weighs 25 pounds.

The sticks weigh 10 pounds total, and I see you can get a stand around 10 pounds no problem. So it's close in weight.

Thanks!

Comments

• dcso3009dcso3009 Member Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I pack my Summit Goliath climber all over. I prefer the comfort, stability and feel much more safe in that stand than any other I use.

There are places I can't use it, so that is where my ladder or hang on stand gets used.

As for how quick- no matter what stand I use, I seem to make more noise going faster. I give myself more time and slow down. Nothing I do would make the sticks and hang on faster anyway. But that is me.
  • Chief ShawayChief Shaway Member, Moderator Posts: 6,191 ******
    edited November -1
    Sorry, no help here.
    I only use ladders or ground hunt.
    A buddy uses a climber and loves it.
    With my hip surgeries, I don't trust myself in a climber.
    I'd think that the climber would be quicker and easier than sticks and then hauling up the hang on and then trying to affix it to the tree every time. Especially in the dark.
  • wolfpackwolfpack Member Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If I am going to hunt the area several times, I prefer the sticks and hang on. Once hung it is very quiet to enter and exit and gives more choice in the type of tree you can hunt out of.