In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Doe down (graphic image)

DONDALINGERDONDALINGER Member Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭
Hey Everyone, I hope all is well. I have not been on the site for quite a while. I did get the opportunity to take a doe this morning. I have never used mechanical broadheads until this year. I am using the Rage 125gr. Massive wound from this head. I am very impressed. Opening morning today and less than 15 minutes in the stand I had 4 doe under my stand and was able to take one. Best of luck to all. Don
EfRFCsKh.jpg
qhHGe3vh.jpg

Comments

• Chief ShawayChief Shaway Member, Moderator Posts: 6,191 ******
    edited November -1
    WOW!
    Very nice! Congrats.
    It's been over warm here so I'm not in too much of a hurry to get one yet.
    How far a shot and how far did she run?
  • DONDALINGERDONDALINGER Member Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The shot was about 15 yards. She did not go far, less than 30 feet. It has been very warm and humid here in Virginia. It was 61 degrees Saturday morning when I got her. That morning I contemplated not going at all because it was so warm, but decided to go sit on my food plot for a couple hours and it paid off.

We are supposed to get some cooler temps and a cold front coming in Monday, so I'll get back in the woods then.

Good luck to all, Don
  • MrGunz22MrGunz22 Member Posts: 2,086 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Congrats on the doe kill. It's been super warm here in NY too. I got a 7pt last Sunday. It was 72 at 5:30 in the morning when I went in. Still a good morning. Saw over 20 deer and was out of stand by 8am.
  • IdahoboundIdahobound Member Posts: 20,584 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    That is impressive.