In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Just shot a new...

shoff14shoff14 Member Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭
Just shot a new hoyt and I used a release for the first time. Wow, is it an improvement compared to my browning. I just might have to go buy it really soon.

What rest and releases do you guys use? How cheap are they? I don't have to much to spend. I have to get a whole set up plus arrows.

Comments

• Options
    bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    I use the whisker biskit and a true fire release. I don't remember what they cost it has been to long ago for me.....or to many beers maybe.[;)]

Why do they make it taste so good and put it in them little bitty cans- Dad

Gun bans have never accomplished anything, other than to create a safe working environment for criminals.
  • Options
    headzilla97headzilla97 Member Posts: 6,445
    edited November -1
    last summer I bought a hoyt ultra sport with a whisker biscuit, quiver, copper john dead nuts site and a dozen carbon arrows for 700ish

" If Guns kill people I can start blaming my pencil for mispelled words" Larry The Cable guy
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I am looking at the Ultramag, dozens arrows/shafts, rest, release, quiver, sight, and stabilizer for around 600ish. I don't know if I want to buy the acceroies (sp) kit from Hoyt, or get stuff from off the shelf.
  • Options
    gogolengogolen Member Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I use an MPSA drop away rest, Extreme sniper sight w/3X lense and .019 pins, Fletch hunter deluxe wrist release, Goltip 22 series arrow for target and 5575's for hunting.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    get the stuff from the shelf from what i have read its a hell of a lot better than the stuff they give ya

" If Guns kill people I can start blaming my pencil for mispelled words" Larry The Cable guy
  • Options
    edited November -1
    So what sites and stabilizer should I get.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    copper john site and I have no idea about a stabalizer

"Were not here for a long time were here for a good time"
  • Options
    CORRENCORREN Member Posts: 466 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My opinion forget the whisker bisquit and put a good drop away rest on it. I use the shakey hunter made by trophy taker on my hoyt and love it.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by CORREN
    My opinion forget the whisker bisquit and put a good drop away rest on it. I use the shakey hunter made by trophy taker on my hoyt and love it.

I am not going to go with whisker bisquits, i just don't trust them and don't like them.
  • Options
    taco413taco413 Member Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I use a bisquit, a trophy ridge sight, and a true fire release. There are flaws in about every rest out there including the bisquit. Get what you feel most comfortable with and have a blast. Cause when it comes down to it when that time comes to stick that big buck or any deer, that is the moment of truth.

Better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool!!