In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Company sold

buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
I have worked for CCL custom mfg for 10 years now. I came into work yesterday morning and found out by e-mail that CCL sold 7 of our plants. Including the one I work for. A company called KCP purchaced us. Hope I still have a job. the deal will close at the end of May.Bummin[:(] Oh well maybe I will get to hunt and fish for a living.
"Hey I can dream Can't I"[:p]

Comments

• Options
    SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
    edited November -1
    Sorry to hear that Buckey. Hope everything works out for you.
    Let me know if there is anything I can do.

NRA Life Member ---"A pocket knife, a clean hankey, and a pistol... things I can use." - Ted Nugent
  • Options
    bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    I hope you still have a job too, but if not I guess you could always move to Illinois where the real huntin' is. [:D][;)]

Good luck to ya buddy, try not to stress over it though, It'll all work out.

Why do they make it taste so good and put it in them little bitty cans- Dad

Gun bans have never accomplished anything, other than to create a safe working environment for criminals.
  • Options
    gagirlgagirl Member Posts: 5,408
    edited November -1
    Will keep ya in my prayers Buckey

its all about pucks and bucks
    smilie_schuetze.gif
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Well the company that purchacesd us is planning on keeping the plant open and I will be here for a while I just hope they do'nt come in and clean house. who know's maybe they will turn out to be a good company to work for? Thank's for all the support. Oh by the way Susp there is somthing you can do. How about a free hunting trip in Ohio[:D][:D][:D][:p] Thanks guy's
  • Options
    gogolengogolen Member Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Good luck to you Buckey. I hope it turns out well. My father is going through something similar the company he works for went into recievership last thursday.
  • Options
    fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
    edited November -1
    Who knows? You may end up getting a promotion. Good luck, Buckey.

Ben

logo_chc_79x76.jpg
    Play Ball!!!
  • Options
    taco413taco413 Member Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hope all works out for ya bro, and do ya know if they sold the one near me?

Better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool!!
  • Options
    Wild OkieWild Okie Member Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Good luck buckeyboy.Me. I try to get fired every hunting season but my boss is on to me and won't let me get away with it.He just works me more.[:(][:o)]

MLMorgan
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Taco Yep Danville was also sold. all the custom mfg plants.[B)]
  • Options
    shoff14shoff14 Member Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    What do you guys manufacture? Got any manufacturing internships? [:I]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Deoderants hair spry, hair moouse,foot sprays furnature polish. just about any aerosol out there.
  • Options
    bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    Soooo I'm guessin' you smell good, have nice hair and a clean house.[;)]

Why do they make it taste so good and put it in them little bitty cans- Dad

Gun bans have never accomplished anything, other than to create a safe working environment for criminals.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I think I smell pretty good, not do so hot in the hair dept. but my wonderful personallity makes up for it.[:o)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by buckeyboy
    Oh by the way Susp there is somthing you can do. How about a free hunting trip in Ohio[:D][:D][:D][:p] Thanks guy's

Sorry, I missed this earlier. Let me see what I can do. A few years ago I was gonna exchange a Vermont bear hunt for an Ohio Whitetail hunt with some dude named Michael from Vermont. He was a state trooper so I figured it was fine, anyway, I got him permission from about 12 farms I hunt. He showed up, stayed a week, got a small basket rack 8 point then left. All seemed fine to me, he was a pretty cool dude. Until I started getting calls from people I hunt on, he ticked everyone off some way or another. I ended up losing permission on three places. Don't take this wrong, I'm not saying you would do this, only saying it is harder for me to talk land owners into permission for other people because of that dude. Plus he screwed me outa my Vermont bear hunt, wouldn't return my calls or emails after he left. I'm not gonna have you come down if the only place we could go would be public land cause you would be disappointed. I'll see what I can do, I need to make my friendly trip around to the land owners anyway. [:D]

NRA Life Member ---"A pocket knife, a clean hankey, and a pistol... things I can use." - Ted Nugent
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Susp. I was ony kidding I would never invade your private spots.[:0] nor would I ever do anything to make you loose them. There is not that much land in RI and private is like gold can't afford to loose it I can appriciate where your comming from .[;)] sorry you didden't get your "teddy bear"[:X]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    invade my private spots? Geez, if you come over and hunt then I wouldn't sit you anywhere but the best spots I know. What kinda guy you think I am anyway. [}:)][:D] I was just trying to explain to you what happened before so you knew it would take me a little time. I'm not worried about you, I've heard you talk and am not worried. The one guy I hunt on has over 400 acress of prime land and he makes a comment about me not bringing that one guy back every single time I see him, I'm just lucky he still let's me on there. [:D] I still don't know what that Mike did to him.

• Options
    edited November -1
    have ya ever seen the movie Deliverance? SOOOOOOOOOWEEEEEEEEE squeal like a little piggy. maybe that's why?[:I]