In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Buckeyboy and string slap my answer.

Wild OkieWild Okie Member Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
Ml welcome to the forum. what do you think as such an experienced shooter where is the string slap coming from?

The elbow or wrist is being bent inward. I would try to strengthen the arm with exorcise and pay close attention during the shot at first don't worry about making a perfect shot. Get close to the target and practice form. The other thing could be a type of target panic. In anticipation of the release sometimes you grip the bow causing the wrist to bend inward. Lastly some folks do better with an arm guard. I found though when I'm having problems it is usually bad form. I get 5 yards a shoot paying attention to only my form. And move back a little at a time. It works for me.
Sorry I missed getting back on that one.

MLMorgan

Comments

• Options
    buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    Wild Okie. My answer was based equipment problems.I guess it certainly be bad form may even be hitting clothing.[?]
  • Options
    bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    I occasionally hit clothing but usually after too many beers. As for form I try to shoot as I would if I was in the tree stand.
    I think I either need a new string or get'er twisted a couple times.
    Going to try that STS deal too. I have just read way to much good stuff about it. Thanks for the input.[:)]

Why do they make it taste so good and put it in them little bitty cans- Dad

Gun bans have never accomplished anything, other than to create a safe working environment for criminals.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    When ya gonna get it let me know because the bow report wasan't too impressed. Like to get a true opinion.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I read a lot of good feedback on archery talk.[:I] hope thats not a bad word on here.

Gun bans have never accomplished anything, other than to create a safe working environment for criminals.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Archey talk what there's only about a thousland forums named archey talk. "YOU YOU" Trader[/b'Deserter, Scum -Bag High county shooting confederate[}:)][:D][:D][:D][:D][;)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by buckeyboy
    Archey talk what there's only about a thousland forums named archey talk. "YOU YOU" Trader[/b'Deserter, Scum -Bag High county shooting confederate[}:)][:D][:D][:D][:D][;)]

Ouch..[B)][:0] Wheres the love man[^]
    Here is just one post on it. this one is fairly short others got pretty lengthy.
    http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=178004&highlight=sts

quote:High county shooting confederate Oh wait til a certain little lady sees that. [B)] And I shoot a Mathews just to clarify things.[:D][;)]

• Options
    gogolengogolen Member Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:And I shoot a Mathews just to clarify things.

Good man[:D]
  • Options
    Wild OkieWild Okie Member Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    In a tree stand it true that you may have to shoot in many weird positions. When you have a good stance and form from a target shooting situation it follows you to the tree stand. Hears one for that I have trouble with shooting with both eyes open. I sight in with one and then open both just before I shoot. One my good days it is a big help on my bad days it throws my shot to the left. My other big problem is bow cant. I have to watch myself every shot it seems. I make my best groupings When I have a stance of legs shoulder width apart. My left foot pointing at the target my right foot at a 90.I take three breaths and release during my third exhale. Slowly squeezing the trigger. Some days I'm both eyes open and some days it just one eye open I really wish I could get that one down.[:o)]Originally posted by bang250
    I occasionally hit clothing but usually after too many beers. As for form I try to shoot as I would if I was in the tree stand.
    I think I either need a new string or get'er twisted a couple times.
    Going to try that STS deal too. I have just read way to much good stuff about it. Thanks for the input.[:)]

[/quote]

MLMorgan
  • Options
    SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
    edited November -1
    bang, archery and beer don't mix [:(!] [;)]

NRA Life Member ---"A pocket knife, a clean hankey, and a pistol... things I can use." - Ted Nugent
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Suspension
    bang, archery and beer don't mix [:(!] [;)]

NRA Life Member ---"A pocket knife, a clean hankey, and a pistol... things I can use." - Ted Nugent

But...but... ben calls it "arrow straight" I thought it would make me shoot better.[;)]

• Options
    edited November -1
    Just razzin ya bang. hey How are the little one's doing haven't heard anything in a while?[:)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Just razzin ya bang. hey How are the little one's doing haven't heard anything in a while?[:)]

Well if you can keep'em from crappin' and cryin' and get them to sleep at night they are great.[:0]

seriously, they are doin' pretty good both have a little virus right now (we are a sharing family) but doc. said nothing to worry about. both over 8 lbs. now. It is definately a lot of work with two though.

• Options
    edited November -1
    Thats good news. Glad they are doing well. Sounds like Taco if ya can keep him from crying and talking crap its all good. Take that you little punk.[:D][:D][:D][:D][B)]
  • Options
    taco413taco413 Member Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thats good news. Glad they are doing well. Sounds like Taco if ya can keep him from crying and talking crap its all good. Take that you little punk.[:D][:D][:D][:D][B)]

Two letters fer ya buckey F.O. [:D][:D][:D] Ah that's so much better than bein nice[}:)] Give me a bottle with a nipple on it(preferably 12 yr old scotch) and I won't cry.

Better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool!!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    No not till the next day anyway.[xx(][B)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Jager or spiced Rum......mmmmmmmmmm!!!! I may have to get a bottle for the up coming Memorial day weekend.

You know them chaser plus things work. Take a couple and drink your heart out, no hangover. You can get them just about anywhere and that is what they are made for to remove the toxins from the body.

• Options
    fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bang250
    [br
    You know them chaser plus things work. Take a couple and drink your heart out, no hangover. You can get them just about anywhere and that is what they are made for to remove the toxins from the body.

Those little red pills can be absolutely remarkable.

Ben

logo_chc_79x76.jpg
    Play Ball!!!
  • Options
    gagirlgagirl Member Posts: 5,408
    edited November -1
    a friggin bunch of alkies in here....

its all about pucks and bucks
    smilie_schuetze.gif
  • Options
    fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
    edited November -1
  • Options
    taco413taco413 Member Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by gagirl
    a friggin bunch of alkies in here....

its all about pucks and bucks
    smilie_schuetze.gif

Yer point is[?][?][:D][:D][:p]

Better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool!!
  • Options
    salzosalzo Member Posts: 6,396 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Wild Okie
    . Lastly some folks do better with an arm guard.

Arm guards are for archers who are doing something wrong.
    Dont cover up the wrong by putting an arm guard over it...
    Fix what is wrong.

"Waiting tables is what you know, making cheese is what I know-lets stick with what we know!"
    -Jimmy the cheese man
  • Options
    shikaarishikaari Member Posts: 8 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bang250

Well if you can keep'em from crappin' and cryin' and get them to sleep at night they are great.[:0]

seriously, they are doin' pretty good both have a little virus right now (we are a sharing family) but doc. said nothing to worry about. both over 8 lbs. now. It is definately a lot of work with two though.

Man what a coincidence I have 9 month old twins. A boy and a girl.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    2 girls here. that puts me in a house of 4. [:0][B)][:(]