In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Bought another bow

buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
After reading the bow report with the stats in the outdoor life. I said HMMMMMMMMM most bows there were average Of $400 to $500 dollars. and some only had marginal performance. so I was looking at that reflex grizzly just as a knock around back up. only 299 and it proved to much better than a lot of the other bows. I found one on Gay bay for 269.00 so I bought it for that price if its half as good as it reviewed I figured I could not go wrong as a back up bow.[:p] Brand new in the box warranty 60 to 70 # looks like the hoyt. I might not like it but who knows.

Comments

• Options
    gogolengogolen Member Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • Options
    taco413taco413 Member Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Finally, Linnie sees the light and buys a Hoyt product[:D][:D] Now I just gotta work on gogo[8D]

Better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool!!
  • Options
    bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    I will never step over to the dark side...mwaa ha ha hahaha[}:)][:D]
    If it doesn't work out guess you could put back on gay bay aayh![:)]

Why do they make it taste so good and put it in them little bitty cans- Dad

Gun bans have never accomplished anything, other than to create a safe working environment for criminals.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    hey don't get exicited the was strictly a back up bow. My mathews is not going anywhere. Ohhhhhh Man I knew I should have kept my big mouth shut.
  • Options
    gagirlgagirl Member Posts: 5,408
    edited November -1
    he will soon be with me on HCA....[:0]

its all about pucks and bucks
    smilie_schuetze.gif
  • Options
    taco413taco413 Member Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by buckeyboy
    Ohhhhhh Man I knew I should have kept my big mouth shut.

What fun would that be for the rest of us then?[:D][:D]

Better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool!!
  • Options
    headzilla97headzilla97 Member Posts: 6,445
    edited November -1
    Id put the mathews on ebay asap

"Were not here for a long time were here for a good time"
  • Options
    Wild OkieWild Okie Member Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm looking at these two.
    The yukonSpecifications: * Mass weight: 4.6 pounds * Axle to Axle: 34 inches * Brace height 7 inches * Draw weights: 60, 70 pounds * Draw lengths:
    Fast Trac Ball Bearing One Cam: 26" through 30"
    in 1/2 inch increments
    * Limbs:
    Bi-Flex composite limb, film dipped finish in
    Realtree Hardwoods Green HD
    * Cable Guard: Straight mounted carbon * Sight Window: 8.25" single plane window * Pocket: Inter-Loc Limb Mounting System * Riser Colors: Realtree Hardwoods Green HD * Grip: One piece wrap around rose wood * Let-off: 80% standard, optional 65.

New for 2005
    Alpine Denali Match Grade
    Fully integrated accessories designed into the riser for perfect interaction with the bow...
    At Alpine Archery, we believe in integration. The new Denali Match Grade is the true fruit of our labor. The Denali Match Grade has top quality accessories integrated into the main structure of the bow. The Denali's integration of a trouble free, ball bearing mounted fall away rest, an Alpine MR2 Six Shooter Stabilizer, and a custom built Montana Black Gold fiber optic sight, is sure to please even the most discriminating bowhunter. Go to the next level with the Denali Match Grade.
    Our Denali Match Grade comes standard with Alpine's "Tundra VX Dampening Package" and integrated accessories shown below.
    Match Grade with integrated accessories and "Tundra VX Dampening Package", a $200.00 retail value, FREE on your new Denali Match Grade.
    Integrated accessories include:
    Alpine MR2 stabilizer with "six Shooter Weight system
    Alpine integrated fall away rest
    Montana Black Gold Custom fiber optic sight Mass weight: 4.6 pounds
    Axle to Axle: 34 inches
    Brace height 7 inches
    Draw weights: 60, 70 pounds

Both Bows are match grade. I am leaning toward the Yukon, and I thought I wasn't even interested.

MLMorgan
  • Options
    shoff14shoff14 Member Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I looked at one of these grizzlies last week. I did not like them. The single limb design just does not out wiegh the gains of the dual limbs. Plus they wieghed more then the regular Hoyts. BTW, the price at the shop i was at was 350 for a new one. [:0]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Keep it comming I deserve it.[B)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    got the new bow this morning it looks and feels pretty good I will set it up on the next couple of days and let you-all knoe how it shoots.[:p]