In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

windtech007windtech007 Member Posts: 9 ✭✭
Hey I'm new here and have a question. I have had both rotator cuffs
repaired this winter and would like to step down to a 60lb bow. I have a blue mountain badger with a draw length of 26" and I shoot
a 29" draw. Question is can I change the draw length? If so how can
that be done?
Thanks,
Phil

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    Hello,I have never been bow hunting and I thought I would give it a try.I was wondering what would be recomended for a first timer?Im not very big is size. Im 5'5" and weigh about 145 lbs.And Im not rich or related to bill gates!
    Wuffman was here!wuffman@bigfoot.com
  • Options
    shoff14shoff14 Member Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    welcome to the forums

I can tell you from experience that you will not be able to shoot a 60lb yet. I shoot 60 lbs now and I can tell you that if I shoot to much, my shoulder hurts like an SOB, let alone my elbow still swells from another injury. And I am young! Have you been able to combine your bungees in physical therapy to get close to 60lbs? That is what I did to finally get it back up to strength to shoot at 60lbs, took about 8 or nine months at least. For a time I did not shoot at all.

and I don't really know about the bow though, just try to work yourself up to 60lbs instead of starting at 60lbs.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    and if you can shoot a 60lb bow now, then that is wonderful for you and shows your hard work in physical therapy.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Repaired my right shoulder on Dec 9th and my left shoulder March 11th
    and no I cant pull 60lbs yet but it is a long time to September.
    About the bow can I change the cams to gain 3" in draw length?
    Oyea I'm 45yr old and thats pretty damn young!
    Thanks,
    Phil
  • Options
    gogolengogolen Member Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Well I would contact the manufacturer of your bow and see if they have a cam set for 29" draw length I did a quick search on the net for them but came up with nothing. Sounds almost like it is a youth bow with the 26" draw length. Most of the older bows had replacable cam sections but even these only gave you 1-2" of adjustment.
  • Options
    buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    I would buy a gun.[}:)][:D]
  • Options
    hawkeyemfghawkeyemfg Member Posts: 9 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Blue Mountain is an older bow I believe and they where manufactured in Washington I think. First off is it a cam bow, one cam, or wheels? You can email me at hawkeye@chartermi.net I have alot of old risers and cams and wheels also can make limbs here. Think is when you increase the draw in a wheel bow you willgain poundage and if you put larger cams on your bow (Not modules) it will increase poundage. I have all this from when I had an archery shop and also I manufacture parts for the archery industry. Just sold Hoyt USA on a new light all for their sights. I did try posting a few things I make here but no buyers...LOL...If I can help let me know.
    Glen

quote:Originally posted by windtech007
    Hey I'm new here and have a question. I have had both rotator cuffs
    repaired this winter and would like to step down to a 60lb bow. I have a blue mountain badger with a draw length of 26" and I shoot
    a 29" draw. Question is can I change the draw length? If so how can
    that be done?
    Thanks,
    Phil
  • Options
    taco413taco413 Member Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Welcome aboard, the blue mountain is a hatchet cam bow from what I remember and I don't think parts are readily available for them anymore.

Better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool!!
  • Options
    gagirlgagirl Member Posts: 5,408
    edited November -1
    Welcome....I think you would be better getting a newer bow. It is almost impossible to find parts for older ones. Good luck with your rehab....

its all about pucks and bucks
    smilie_schuetze.gif
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I know what you mean about a new bow. A year ago last December I was in Calf. at a tech school while I was gone my house was robbed and then the thieves burned it down. I lost everthing I had. The only thing left were the clothes I took with me. Now I haven't been able to work since last October, so a new bow can't happen for a while.
    I guess for now I can shoot short.LOL
    Thanks,
    Phil
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Any chance you can shoot with a release? You could gain an extra inch or two by going that route.