In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

My New baby....

gagirlgagirl Member Posts: 5,408
Someone was asking about guard dogs on the general side and I posted that I had Catahoulas in the past and that they were great dogs. Well someone else posted a breeder link and I now have a new baby. I haad promised myself that I would never replace my last Catahoula because he was simply an amazeing dog and God do I miss that dog... but I saw this one and it just was right... Well I called David and he was not exactly happy, but then I agreed for him to get a new Jon Boat that I was going to get him anyway for Father's Day and now he is all for me getting the pup. He is just north of New Orleans and the boat is in Alabama ( we worked a deal with a friend who is a dealer and will get it at cost if we go pick it up) Sooooo.... looks like 2 weekends from now we will be takeing a trip to Alabama to pick up David's boat, my pup and stop and get to meet his sister that he has never met. Long story there... adoptions and such but it promises to be a VERY good trip.

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/gottaluvmedarlin2002/detail?.dir=7e35&.dnm=c195.jpg

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/gottaluvmedarlin2002/detail?.dir=7e35&.dnm=9327.jpg

its all about pucks and bucks
smilie_schuetze.gif

Comments

• Options
    bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    beautiful pup!

Why do they make it taste so good and put it in them little bitty cans- Dad

Gun bans have never accomplished anything, other than to create a safe working environment for criminals.
  • Options
    taco413taco413 Member Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Great lookin pup, I tried talkin my better half into one but she and the daughters are still stuck on gettin a pugle. A pugle is a pug/beagle mix that they saw at a pet store.

Better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool!!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Taco they are great with kids... they are famous for acting like your kids are theirs. Both my males would walk circles around Kristen when she was outside playing. My female was a rescue and was deaf but she was still a good dog. I would VERY VERY VERY highly reccommend a Catahoula to anyone with kids.

smilie_schuetze.gif
  • Options
    ENOS29ENOS29 Member Posts: 699 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Very nice! How big do they get on the average?

BAG IT. TAG IT. EAT. SLEEP. REPEAT..
  • Options
    SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
    edited November -1
    Looks mean, [;)] kidding, that is a cute pup. However, that tatoo and crack were pretty cute also. [:0][:D]

NRA Life Member ---"A pocket knife, a clean hankey, and a pistol... things I can use." - Ted Nugent
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks SUS!!! As for mean... well now they are extremly protective and are true herding dogs. They are mainly used for baying hogs or working live stock now. Check out the competitions put on by the National Catahoula Assoc and a few others. If you do a search you will see their many uses. I intend to train my pup for Search and Rescue. We are training David's lab, Gus, for it and he is doing EXCELLENT!!!! Catahoulas average around 60 lbs for a male so they are not really big dogs at all. Solid tho and I guess the best way to describe one would be the loyalty of a lab with the fearlessness of a pit or rotti. They use these guys to down bears... Jeeze cant get any more fearless. Really they are good dogs. I tried to stray because I knew I could not replace Sonny but I guess Catahoula is just my breed.

smilie_schuetze.gif
  • Options
    daweimerdaweimer Member Posts: 135 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Love looking at your puppies Gagirl[:0][:D][B)]
  • Options
    65gto38965gto389 Member Posts: 2,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    "P.U. It stinks in here. Are you just putting the new newspaper over the old stuff". - Marge Simpson

"Do you have a better idea". - Homer Simpson.

[:D][:D][:D]

" Those who give up a little freedom for temporary security, deserve neither freedom nor security "
    - Benjamin Franklin
  • Options
    headzilla97headzilla97 Member Posts: 6,445
    edited November -1
    I like it not as cute as harley but cute. harley is my obese potbellied beagal. its a cross between a beagle and a pot bellied pig very nice pet but it eats everything. it loves to hunt crickets and field mice

"Were not here for a long time were here for a good time"