In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Good to be home!

ENOS29ENOS29 Member Posts: 699 ✭✭✭✭
Just posting to say seattle is very nice if you were there for anything else but work.[xx(] But I did find some great new beer that sounds like I won't be able to find around here though.It's called Fat Tire! It's an ale and is something like 5.5, man is it good. I also was working on the USS JOHN C. STENNIS, from what I was told it was the largest carrier that they made. It's crew when on water is 4,500 members. Thats three times bigger than my town! Well got to run (work[V]) for now, see ya all!

BAG IT. TAG IT. EAT. SLEEP. REPEAT..

Comments

• Options
    buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    welcome home. Enos.glad to see all is well.[:)]
  • Options
    bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
    edited November -1
    Welcome home! I think Fryer Tucks has Fat Tire.

Why do they make it taste so good and put it in them little bitty cans- Dad

Gun bans have never accomplished anything, other than to create a safe working environment for criminals.
  • Options
    fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
    edited November -1
    Fat Tire is made by New Belgium Brewing Company out of Colorado. You should be able to find it in Champaign with relative ease. If you get the opportunity, try their Trippel. Their beers are either single, double, or triple fermented. I believe Fat Tire is a double. If you think that stuff is fun, try a triple. It'll knock your * down, but in a good way.

http://newbelgium.com/index.php

The Trippel bottle is to the left of the Fat Tire.
    labelstrip.jpg

logo_chc_79x76.jpg
    Play Ball!!!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Ben have you had Sam Adams Double bock? Wow talk about knock ya down. I think this weekend with it finally warming up some it may be a Heinekin or Little Kings weekend.

Gun bans have never accomplished anything, other than to create a safe working environment for criminals.
  • Options
    fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bang250
    Ben have you had Sam Adams Double bock? Wow talk about knock ya down. I think this weekend with it finally warming up some it may be a Heinekin or Little Kings weekend.

No I havn't. Actually, I've never even heard of it. I'll pick up a sixer if I see one.

Ben

logo_chc_79x76.jpg
    Play Ball!!!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    it is a seasonal beer but I don't remember what season.

lets see if my link works

http://samueladams.com/world_of_beer.aspx

Yep. go to beer styles then seasonal, find the double bock and click characteristics at the top. It is very thick, sweet, carmel type.

• Options
    taco413taco413 Member Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Enos was gone? [:D][:D] Welcome back bud.

Better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool!!
  • Options
    gagirlgagirl Member Posts: 5,408
    edited November -1
    Welcome back Enos....

its all about pucks and bucks
    smilie_schuetze.gif
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thank you for the welcome backs! I did try fryer tucks and the guy said they don't sell Fat Tire in the state of Illinois.[xx(] But he did say there was a beer made in Wisconsin and has the same ingretiants(sp?) and tastes very similar. Seemed to know what he was talking about.[?]

• Options
    SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
    edited November -1
    welcome back ENOS, glad you made it a worth while trip (finding a new brew that is). [;)]

4500 [?] That's a big jon boat!

NRA Life Member ---"A pocket knife, a clean hankey, and a pistol... things I can use." - Ted Nugent
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Ya Susp. it was huge. I never was able to go on the top deck though.[V] It was a cool experiance. But alot of work. They just wanted today to get me to go to Norfolk,Va. but the boss and I were not to cool with it so someone else is going.

• Options
    headzilla97headzilla97 Member Posts: 6,445
    edited November -1
    A beer i havnt tried o no

"Were not here for a long time were here for a good time"