In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

So last night....

bang250bang250 Member Posts: 8,021
I'm laying in bed and I hear this noise I thought it was just one of the kids crying (again) anyway then my dog starts wimpering and I realized its a coyote. So I jump up throw some clothes on start to grab my gun and then think its to dark I won't be able to see'em, So I head out the back door open it and stop dead in my tracks....he is like right there, 25-30 at most(bow range) looking right at me[:0]. So we stare at each other for a few seconds and he runs off. I go back inside with that feeling like I just saw a big buck and my dog is at the front window growling, so I flip on the front outside light there is another one in the front 25 yds at most. I tried to sneak out of the house and around the corner on that one but I was to excited and went around the house the wrong way and he winded me. What a night! Of course now I just want to go hunt even more. I could have had my first yote with a bow in my freakin yard. how sweet!

Why do they make it taste so good and put it in them little bitty cans- Dad

Gun bans have never accomplished anything, other than to create a safe working environment for criminals.

Comments

• Options
    buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    Throw out some meat tonite. get on the roof of your house and you will get one for sure. cool story[;)]
  • Options
    gagirlgagirl Member Posts: 5,408
    edited November -1
    The one thing I got from that story is that Bang sleeps naked [:D]

its all about pucks and bucks
    smilie_schuetze.gif
  • Options
    buckeyboybuckeyboy Member Posts: 5,833
    edited November -1
    Some how that thought got by me.[xx(] Figures you didden't miss that.[:X] why the heck do ya think he has twins.[:D][:D][:I]
  • Options
    gagirlgagirl Member Posts: 5,408
    edited November -1
    What Buckey? you dont think I picture all of yall naked on a daily basis????????[;)]

smilie_schuetze.gif
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by gagirl

smilie_schuetze.gif

BIG 10-4 [:D][;)]

Gun bans have never accomplished anything, other than to create a safe working environment for criminals.
  • Options
    fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
    edited November -1
    12 gauge!!! i know, i know, better to let a coyote live than to have two screaming little girls and one screaming wife.

Ben

logo_chc_79x76.jpg
    Play Ball!!!
  • Options
    SuspensionSuspension Member Posts: 4,783
    edited November -1
    leave out a big bowl of antifreeze and see just how many are really running around there at night. [;)]

NRA Life Member ---"A pocket knife, a clean hankey, and a pistol... things I can use." - Ted Nugent
  • Options
    edited November -1
    No yotes last night [:(][V].

• Options
    taco413taco413 Member Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1

smilie_schuetze.gif

I just lost my lunch thinkin about that[:D][:D]

Better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool!!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by taco413

smilie_schuetze.gif

I just lost my lunch thinkin about that[:D][:D]

Better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool!!

Lost your lunch, you mean you forgot where you put it cause you were thinkin' 'bout me nekkid. AAWWW, how sweet! [xx(][:D]

• Options
    ENOS29ENOS29 Member Posts: 699 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Susp. the antifreeze would not be good for all the animals around there he might just want to keep around! We have alot of PET's killed in the area (mine and Bangs too) by what has been told to be antifreeze! And beleive me if I ever get proof I will be putting antifreeze down, well lets just say it won't be an animals gullet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BAG IT. TAG IT. EAT. SLEEP. REPEAT..
  • Options
    Wild OkieWild Okie Member Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Coyotes kill and eat Farrell cats that eat wildlife. We should remember they are a part of a balanced eco system and should not kill them for the H E double Hockey sticks of it. I don't have a problem taking them though if they over populate in an area . We have a season hear on them but Don't hunt them. Don't knock any one that does. Just saying that's all.[:o)]

MLMorgan
  • Options
    ENOS29ENOS29 Member Posts: 699 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Okie, we have a season here too, it's year round and If they are coming up to his door at night I say free game and get rid of the (not so balanced eating every thing in site rat basta$ds) coyotes so the Pheasant and not to mention the rabbits I never,never see because the Yotes are everywhere!!!!

BAG IT. TAG IT. EAT. SLEEP. REPEAT..
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Ya Okie they are very thick around this area. One morning riding 4 wheelers ENOS and myself saw 3, drive a half mile down the rode in the evening and you are guarenteed to see some, in fact I think I have only been down that road 3 time and not seen any saw 5 one trip, I shot one in my pasture this past winter at 4 in the afternoon at roughly 40yds from the house, still wish I would have skinned him out he was beautiful. I have already had to replace one of my daughters cats. I don't mind them being here just not that close to my house. Now I do have several pheasant around my house and I'm sure that is what they are after but after this last pheasant season I would like to do my part to try to help the pheasant survive. If I took 3-4 more coyotes out just around my house I'm certain that I will still hear them every night and wouldn't put a dent in the population.

• Options
    shoff14shoff14 Member Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thick in my area back home to. Don't know about around here, but I guess the probably are. Back home they started to make a come back about 5 years ago, and have been going strong since then.
  • Options
    headzilla97headzilla97 Member Posts: 6,445
    edited November -1
    Shoot them all shoot them all till they are extinct thats my new motto

"Were not here for a long time were here for a good time"
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Maybe next time I should just get the AK out and see if I can swiss cheese'em.[:0][^]

• Options
    salzosalzo Member Posts: 6,396 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bang250
    No yotes last night [:(][V].

Ya scared them off-theyll be back in a few days/week. We had one harassing the neighbors cat. Every morning between 430-515 a yote would be right outside the neighbors window. The yote got her cat, she and her son ran out there, rasing holy hell, the yote just growled, finally let the cat go, and hauled * out of there. She didnt see the animal again until a week later.
    They have been using my backyard as a toilet. Im thinking of getting some leg traps for them.

"Waiting tables is what you know, making cheese is what I know-lets stick with what we know!"
    -Jimmy the cheese man